don't click here

Scratchin' Melodii - SAGE 2021 Demo

General Information

Scratchin' Melodii
In this game, you're playing as the young DJ and musician, Melodii. After getting caught doing graffiti, they've gotta scratch up some melodies to pay debt for their felonies! Defeat your rivals to get to your jobs (Bosses) on time!

The current demo has:
1 tutorial level (Astral Advisory),
1 Rival Battle (Cream Cheese Icing),
and 1 Boss Battle (Grease Poppin').

Mechanics

"If the LINE stays BLUE, you repeat the bar. If the LINE turns PINK you support bar."
The "Rhythm Box" will change colors depending on how you're expected to react to your opponent or mentor's notes.

If it's blue, repeat their notes back on your turn!

If it's pink, you'll both have a turn at the same time and you'll have your own set of notes to do! (Don't worry much about what your mentor is doing on these!)

Always feel free to throw in a little "extra style" to improve your score!

Your "Fidelity" is your health. If you're doing well, you'll be "Hi-Fi".

GOOD! -> OKAY! -> BAD!

All of this will sound less insane once you see it in action for yourself. Stay on the beat and you'll be just fine! Good luck!

TROUBLESHOOTING

"Why isn't my controller mapped right?"

If you're using a controller, you should add the game's exe to your Steam Library and run it from there*. That'll make sure that any controller you use (that's supported by Steam at least) works as expected. (If you're using a PS4 controller, turn off DS4 too.) And don't forget to change your controller layout accordingly in the game's Options menu!!

How to add non-Steam games to your Steam Library*

"I'm using keyboard controls and I can't find the key to select in the menu"
Select is "S" and Cancel is "D". If those aren't working there must be another problem at hand.

"When I try to select a song, I'm taken back to the title screen"
Chances are, you either need to refer to the first troubleshooting question or are pressing the wrong button. For example, if you use the games NS layout settings instead of Steam's, "A" will be the Cancel button and "B" will be the Select button.

"I'm experiencing a bit of lag."
From my testing, I've only experienced hiccups at the beginning of a song when I have a program open that's using up a lot of my PC's power while the game is trying to run (Usually the Unity Editor). BUT, if you do run into any a quick "Retry" from the pause menu should let the game everything run smoothly from there. Try turning the quality down in the Options menu if needed as well!

"...In Grease Poppin' I turned into a 3-Dimensional being and the game did [Insert unknown glitch that very likely exists here]"
That's the experimental "Ascension" feature! It hasn't had much testing, and you're barely likely to run into it unless you have insane skills/dedication to trying to activate it. But if you do, let me know if you see anything fishy and when it happened so I can fix it!

Latest reviews

this game is so well made, i cant wait to see the finished thing. im also super curious if the modding scene will take off on this like fnf
L
lilylover123q
how do you get on?
I just want to say that this is one of the best rhythm games I can think of in recent times
This shows incredible premise and I'm callin it now. Could be the next parappa!
You guys got style and rhythm, but can you stay on beat?

Pros;
-This is hype and funky
-sounds on EVERYTHING, menus, msuic are all clean and robust
-the button layout options makes it super easy to play for different gamers
-3d models AND 2d animations are awesome! and the transitions and movement too. WOW!
-Cinnabay, more like Cinnababe because she is best girl and adorable! Hope to see more of her in story mode!
-the 'train wreck' voice overs are really cool!

Cons;
-not enough people know about this game and should
-in 'grease poppin' the frame rate drops a bit after the 'come on kid lets fry a bit more'
-after you do a part in the song, the buttons don't disappear [until the next part comes in] which makes me think 'do I input that bit again or..'

I know you're probably gonna hate me for what I suggest but, you gotta make a friday night funkin mod for your main rappa as a way to advertise to other players. Advent Neon tried it and you already have the animations and backgrounds.

Best of luck for development guys and bust a leg! (or is that break a leg?)

Comments

I love this game!!! One of the best I have played so far this Sage! Only problem is it's a bit buggy and mainly one line from Cheesecake doesn't patch up with the vocals but besides it's a blast. Suggesting everyone to play it right now!

Btw question for creator, do you mind releasing the music? It's a funky time each time I boot up the game now :)

I love this game!!! One of the best I have played so far this Sage! Only problem is it's a bit buggy and mainly one line from Cheesecake doesn't patch up with the vocals but besides it's a blast. Suggesting everyone to play it right now!

Btw question for creator, do you mind releasing the music? It's a funky time each time I boot up the game now :)
Thank you! The soundtrack is currently up on YouTube, Soundcloud, and Bandcamp. A quick search of "Scratchin' Melodii OST" on any of those should lead you right to it :)

Can’t wait for this game to be updated for sage 2023. This game is so cool

Edit:I heard this may be delayed due to personal life problems from your twitter(…or X). I hope you’re ok and get it all sorted out chief👌🏾 whenever the next demo may come out I’m sure it’ll be a banger, but for now focus on those personal priorities.

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
LJ LephemStar
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.89 star(s) 9 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games