don't click here

'Round The World (SAGE 2021 Demo)

General Information

'Round The World is a multiple-genre game where you visit an amusement park lead by the Axolotl Central staff, the people behind the park on a floating island.
MiKe, the protagonist, visits the park as a way to hide himself from being discovered by the police after being framed as a criminal. In the park, he finds the Axolotl TV, which lets him stay if he can recover the Tickets from 30 visitors 'round the world under one condition: "don't let them be catched...".

Screenshot of tutorial level Adventure Feeling.

Starting development in 2011, this game has been through lots of development phases, one of the more infamous being 2018's project MA. This game is however a massive change and improvement over the original 2018 demo and the further 2019 and 2020 betas.

- CHANGELOG -
You'll see SAGE 2022 ;) #roundthemind
- [Platforming] Upgraded movement system
- Exploring segments added
- [Platforming] Added the level Adventure Feeling
- [Platforming] Added the level Bliss
- [Exploring] Part of the Axolotl Central Park added as a hub world
- Added cutscenes and dialog
- Massive graphical overhaul (animations, backgrounds and foregrounds, character design, art, interactables...)
- Tutorial level has been tweaked
- Small content preview for next level
-Massive bug-fixes and quality of life improvements
- Massive graphical overhaul (animations, backgrounds and foregrounds, character design, art, interactables...)
- Massive change mechanically
- Massive change level-design-wise
- Different soundtrack

Screenshot of platforming level Bliss.

Default Controls:

(Setup) Mouse - Interact
Arrow Keys - Move
X - Jump (also in mid-air, not a double jump tho)
C - Crouch
S - Dash

Extra Controls:

F1: View FPS
F2: Update visual effects
F3: Toggle between resolutions
F4: Toggle fullscreen

Comments

A decent start so far, but I'd like to give two recommendations:

1) Put all the action keys on the same row. So for example instead of X for jump and S for dash, maybe Z is the default dash key. This might just be me, but having them on two separate vertical rows feels a bit cumbersome.

2) I'm not sure having the run button also function as the charge button for a dash attack that flings you forward when you release it is the best idea, especially in a game with more Mario-esque stage design.

Really it's too short to say much of anything for certain, but the gameplay isn't broken or anything, and I really like the music and atmosphere you have so far.

A decent start so far, but I'd like to give two recommendations:

1) Put all the action keys on the same row. So for example instead of X for jump and S for dash, maybe Z is the default dash key. This might just be me, but having them on two separate vertical rows feels a bit cumbersome.

2) I'm not sure having the run button also function as the charge button for a dash attack that flings you forward when you release it is the best idea, especially in a game with more Mario-esque stage design.

Really it's too short to say much of anything for certain, but the gameplay isn't broken or anything, and I really like the music and atmosphere you have so far.
Thanks a lot for the comment! I'll definitely keeps this in mind for future development :)

Item information

Added by
philRacoIndie
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from philRacoIndie

Share this item