In this game, you're playing as the young DJ and musician, Melodii. After getting caught doing graffiti, they've gotta scratch up some melodies to pay debt for their felonies! Defeat your rivals to get to your jobs (Bosses) on time!
The current demo has:
1 tutorial level (Astral Advisory),
3 Rival Battles (Cream Cheese Icing, Nami.WAV, Stir & Mix),
And 1 Boss Battle (Grease Poppin').
You can play through it all with the rpg-inspired Story Mode* or select songs as you please with Quick-Groove!
*(The story mode overworld isn't super populated at the moment, but rest assured that will change in the future.)
You can play through it all with the rpg-inspired Story Mode or select songs as you please with Quick-Groove!
"Why isn't my controller mapped right?"
If your control isn't working properly, you should try restarting the game or adding the game to your Steam Library as a non-Steam game.*
Other possible reasons for controller issues may include: DS4Windows running (Ps4 controller), playing game natively while Steam is running in background (NS Pro Controller), Controller not player 1
How to add non-Steam games to your Steam Library*
"I'm experiencing a bit of lag."
From my testing, I've only experienced hiccups at the beginning of a song when I have a program open that's using up a lot of my PC's power while the game is trying to run (Usually the Unity Editor). BUT, if you do run into any a quick "Retry" from the pause menu should let the game run everything smoothly from there. Try turning the quality down in the Options menu if needed as well!
"If the LINE stays BLUE, you repeat the bar. If the LINE turns PINK you support bar."
The "Rhythm Box" will change colors depending on how you're expected to react to your opponent or mentor's notes.
If it's blue, repeat their notes back on your turn!
If it's pink, you'll both have a turn at the same time and you'll have your own set of notes to do! (Don't worry much about what your mentor is doing on these!)
Always feel free to throw in a little "extra style" to improve your score!
Your "Fidelity" is your health. If you're doing well, you'll be "Hi-Fi".
GOOD! -> OKAY! -> BAD!
All of this will sound less insane once you see it in action for yourself. Stay on the beat and you'll be just fine! Good luck!
Sept 3rd hotfixes:
9/29/22 Update Notes:
- Generic controller layout no longer missing icons in sticker menu or trainwreck menu
- Melodii no longer bugs into idle stance when moving diagonally in overworld
- Volume slider now properly loads saved settings into each scene
- Grease Poppin' now properly pauses and restarts when in 3D Mode
- Other various reductions of jank
- Fixed all (currently known) 3D mode bugs
- Combo system added to 3D mode, along with slight tweaks to its scoring system
- (Hopefully?) Fixed random instances in which certain overworld cutscenes bug out. Let me know if not!
9/29/22 Update Notes:
- UI changes to improve gameplay intuitiveness
- Easy Mode version of Grease Poppin’ added
- Controller Remapping added to Options
- Rumble Intensity can now be adjusted in Options
- Lo-Fi Warning can now be disabled in Options
- Hub world movement revamped
- More NPCs and interactable in hub world
- You can now reset Story Mode without clearing your entire save file
- Fixed Nami.WAV not having correct beat detection
- Fixed Nami.WAV pause glitch
- Fixed Stir & Mix retry glitch
- Spam-prevention adjusted
- Grease Poppin’ intro sequence refined to be more consistent
- Fixed title screen animation glitch
- Pressing Esc on your keyboard no longer breaks the game
- Generic button layout now the default
- Options menu no longer darked out in certain scenes
- “An Art” line in Grease Poppin’ now plays correct animation
- High scores no longer cap at 1600
- Completing Grease Poppin’ with Ascension no longer bugs your other ranks
- Ascension ending animation for Grease Poppin' no longer desyncs
- Quality Settings now save to editable .ini file in the game's _Data folder
- Hotfix for game starting at 1x1 resolution for some users. Let me know if you still encounter this issue!
- Pressing "Up" while hovering over Tutorial in the QuickGroove Menu no longer soft-locks game
- Missing sprites in Grease Poppin' have been restored
- Pausing during 3d mode should (hopefully) no longer cause issues.