don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Zafe's Adventures

General Information

View attachment 18207
Zafe's Adventures is a new and simplified 2D platformer game with a simple run and gun elements and gameplay that inspired
by any other platformer games from the 90s, like Jazz Jackrabbit for example. The game follow a young and heroic pyrokinetic cartoon creature who takes on his long path to stop the evil forces to led a curses that takes a land to go into troubles.

STORY
When Zafe was doing jogging outside, he noticed something that went into trouble. Some kind of strange evil forces that take over the land with ghosts and among other evil things. He must tried to find out who causes the disaster before he will stop them once and for all. What even curious about that he find a portal came out of nowhere that travel through random destination. It takes him really longer to passing through his problem. But there will be a better ending. Does it?

WHAT IN THE DEMO?
The demo has each 2 levels were primarily set in Rosewood Valley, a forest location where Zafe is walked by and it is a main location to start with a prologue, more levels soon to be completed.

GAMEPLAY
The gameplay is simple, just better move around to shoot the fireball toward the enemy who is being a part of the evil forces, Zafe even has a dash abilities which was enough to kill him in just one hit. The game has a basic health features which will absolutely know how to keep him alive, he likes take some fresh soda to refill his health. More features soon to be updated.

CONTROLS
Move : WASD / Arrow Keys
Move Left : A / Left Arrow
Move Right : D / Right Arrow

Jump : Space / X
Shoot : Z
Dash : Shift+C

Comments

An okay effort so far, some things to note:
  • You can outrun your own shots, and because your shots also disappear when you touch them this means you can't run and shoot at the same time
  • There is no limit to how many shots you can fire at a time, which I'd suggest putting a limit on so the player can't just continuously shoot and win
  • Enemies keep replaying their death animations if you keep shooting them
  • Enemies can still damage you while in their death animations
  • More than one song plays at the same time when looking at the credits or how to play section
Some more enemy variety would also be good, as well as slowing down Zafe's movement and adjusting the camera to account for whether the player is moving left so they're not backtracking in a level completely blind.

An okay effort so far, some things to note:
  • You can outrun your own shots, and because your shots also disappear when you touch them this means you can't run and shoot at the same time
  • There is no limit to how many shots you can fire at a time, which I'd suggest putting a limit on so the player can't just continuously shoot and win
  • Enemies keep replaying their death animations if you keep shooting them
  • Enemies can still damage you while in their death animations
  • More than one song plays at the same time when looking at the credits or how to play section
Some more enemy variety would also be good, as well as slowing down Zafe's movement and adjusting the camera to account for whether the player is moving left so they're not backtracking in a level completely blind.
Oh okay, thanks for your response. This game took me a lot of days to finish and I almost sucked at an attempt at making games. Because of this, I just found out what you said was all just a bug or something. So, I will fix this next time and I will take some free time to improve my game designing skill sooner. So anyway, I hope you enjoy playing this game. ^^

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
TuanBaoGames
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item