don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Momentum Final Alpha

General Information

General Information

LATEST VERSION IS VERSION 1.40. IS THE MOST STABLE! If you're not playing this one, I don't want to hear it.

ABOUT:
Sonic Momentum is a fan-game aimed to inject new ideas into the existing 2D Sonic franchise and create a new, fun, and interactive way to play. This demo (although short) is meant to present these base ideas to further expand upon them in the future. Currently, there is no story, multiple acts, or progression system but will be worked on in future updates. Please be patient!

READ ME:
There are a total of 8 Wisps in this demo with 4 categories:
  1. SPEED - LASER/ FRENZY
  2. FLIGHT - ROCKET/ VOID
  3. POWER - BURST/ CUBE
  4. UTILTIY - DRILL/SPIKES
Each also add an orientation when a chao is equipped, and once the chao is Level 3 you will gain the shield buff
  1. [WATER SHIELD] > HERO - ROCKET/ DRILL/ CUBE
  2. [ELECTRIC SHIELD] > NEUTRAL - LASER/ BURST/ SPIKES
  3. [FIRE SHIELD] > DARK - VOID/ FRENZY
Chao have 3 levels to them, each level is a different type of buff. At Level 3 you gain the corresponding shield buff:

LEVEL 1 BUFFS​
  1. SPEED - Increase Acceleration but harder to slow down
  2. FLIGHT - Decrease in gravity, but slower air fall
  3. POWER - Damage doubles, but harder to increase ranking
  4. UTILITY - Knockback disabled, but less invulnerability frames
LEVEL 2 BUFFS​
  1. SPEED - Slight increase to top speed
  2. FLIGHT - Slight increase in jump height
  3. POWER - Slight decrease in rank timer
  4. UTILITY - Slight Increase in ring retention when damaged
How to raise chao stats when equipped?
  1. SPEED - Maintain close to top speed.
  2. FLIGHT - Maintain air time.
  3. POWER - Defeat enemies.
  4. UTILTIY - Collect rings from environment.
How does chao affect your playstyle? You get to experience slightly different builds. Here are some examples:

Classic Sonic : Equip a FLY/FLY chao
Rush Sonic: Equip a RUN/FLY chao

Download

Latest reviews

E M O T I O N A L D A M A G E
Edit : I downloaded something for Direct X and it's now working !

Screenshot 2023-06-05 194109.png
Last edited:
I liked it a lot for being an alpha but I have a small problem, when I put the game in full screen in the main menu everything looks fine but when it comes to a level it stretches and the bottom part stays off the screen. Does anyone have a solution to that? (I would play in windowed mode but it's too small to see anything).
Last edited:
Reactions: lifew.vin
Ok so when Im done with the first part of the tutorial it just sends me to the title screen. I know there's another part to it and know I can't progress any farther, please help me :(
Edit: It works! Thanks alot
Last edited:
S
Shadow Fan 2.0
when you are on the tutorial section press right it will change to Tutorial 2 instead of 1
Dracoslayer
Dracoslayer
do the same again to go to tutorial 3 instead of 2

Comments

ok so i may not be some patreon person: but i do have a report of some bugs, if you are willing to hear it ofc...
when going on the loopty loop in the second zone: at certain speeds, you can glitch sonic out of said loop. and another thing: at the end of completing said act in any zone: if you time your electric shield right: you can glitch the game complete screen before it loads, or by standing directly in the middle of said big ring after you touch it with out hitting it(weird how you don't get any one up life, just only 5 lives and if you are special you can get a 1 up as knuckles in the second zone, or sonic/tails in the first zone, but they don't do anything, you still only get 5 lives after completing the level. so yea.....

Can anyone tell me why only the tutorial is playable for me in this version? I've done it like 6 times now and adventure mode doesn't unlock. Bane says 1.40 is the latest version, but the version that i'm getting from THIS page is 1.30???

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why only the tutorial is playable for me in this version? I've done it like 6 times now and adventure mode doesn't unlock. Bane says 1.40 is the latest version, but the version that i'm getting from THIS page is 1.30???
I did eventually find the 1.40 Final ver. but i still only have access to the tutorial stage

game is shifted downwards in full screen, obscuring the lives and leaving a black rectangle at the top of the screen

I'm having fun with the game but every time I finish the first tutorial level it takes me back to the main menu and I cant access other levels

Item information

Added by
Mr. Bane
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.27 star(s) 11 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Mr. Bane