don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Momentum Final Alpha

General Information

General Information

LATEST VERSION IS VERSION 1.40. IS THE MOST STABLE! If you're not playing this one, I don't want to hear it.

ABOUT:
Sonic Momentum is a fan-game aimed to inject new ideas into the existing 2D Sonic franchise and create a new, fun, and interactive way to play. This demo (although short) is meant to present these base ideas to further expand upon them in the future. Currently, there is no story, multiple acts, or progression system but will be worked on in future updates. Please be patient!

READ ME:
There are a total of 8 Wisps in this demo with 4 categories:
  1. SPEED - LASER/ FRENZY
  2. FLIGHT - ROCKET/ VOID
  3. POWER - BURST/ CUBE
  4. UTILTIY - DRILL/SPIKES
Each also add an orientation when a chao is equipped, and once the chao is Level 3 you will gain the shield buff
  1. [WATER SHIELD] > HERO - ROCKET/ DRILL/ CUBE
  2. [ELECTRIC SHIELD] > NEUTRAL - LASER/ BURST/ SPIKES
  3. [FIRE SHIELD] > DARK - VOID/ FRENZY
Chao have 3 levels to them, each level is a different type of buff. At Level 3 you gain the corresponding shield buff:

LEVEL 1 BUFFS​
  1. SPEED - Increase Acceleration but harder to slow down
  2. FLIGHT - Decrease in gravity, but slower air fall
  3. POWER - Damage doubles, but harder to increase ranking
  4. UTILITY - Knockback disabled, but less invulnerability frames
LEVEL 2 BUFFS​
  1. SPEED - Slight increase to top speed
  2. FLIGHT - Slight increase in jump height
  3. POWER - Slight decrease in rank timer
  4. UTILITY - Slight Increase in ring retention when damaged
How to raise chao stats when equipped?
  1. SPEED - Maintain close to top speed.
  2. FLIGHT - Maintain air time.
  3. POWER - Defeat enemies.
  4. UTILTIY - Collect rings from environment.
How does chao affect your playstyle? You get to experience slightly different builds. Here are some examples:

Classic Sonic : Equip a FLY/FLY chao
Rush Sonic: Equip a RUN/FLY chao

Download

Latest reviews

E M O T I O N A L D A M A G E
Edit : I downloaded something for Direct X and it's now working !

Screenshot 2023-06-05 194109.png
Last edited:
I liked it a lot for being an alpha but I have a small problem, when I put the game in full screen in the main menu everything looks fine but when it comes to a level it stretches and the bottom part stays off the screen. Does anyone have a solution to that? (I would play in windowed mode but it's too small to see anything).
Last edited:
Reactions: lifew.vin
Ok so when Im done with the first part of the tutorial it just sends me to the title screen. I know there's another part to it and know I can't progress any farther, please help me :(
Edit: It works! Thanks alot
Last edited:
S
Shadow Fan 2.0
when you are on the tutorial section press right it will change to Tutorial 2 instead of 1
Dracoslayer
Dracoslayer
do the same again to go to tutorial 3 instead of 2

Comments

Hey this probably on my end when i load up the game its running way to fast is there anyway i can fix this?

Hey first off what an incredible game I had no issues with but there is one small one that I encountered. Every time that I try to remap the ''up'' button on keyboard the game crashes

But it's not a that bad but is there a way to fix it?

Ps: So far Knuckles is my favorite character in this game

I still wanna know how to fix a problem says

D3DXCompile failed - result

at gml_Object_objMainMenu_Draw_0
############################################################################################
How do I fix this?

any time i tried opening the game i would just get this error message. is there any way to fix it?

of Step Event0
for object objMusicControl:

gamepad_button_check_pressed argument 2 incorrect type (5) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Script_scrInitiateMenuKeyData
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrInitiateMenuKeyData (line 0)
gml_Object_objMusicControl_Step_0

can someone pls help me? my problem is, when i open the game with a controller connected the game crash due to a code error and i don't know what to do to fix it ?

the code error is here :
of Step Event0
for object objMusicControl:

gamepad_button_check_pressed argument 2 incorrect type (5) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Script_scrInitiateMenuKeyData
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrInitiateMenuKeyData (line 0)
gml_Object_objMusicControl_Step_0

I'm honestly just disappointed, I was looking forward to sonic momentum only for the controller support and button mapping to be a nightmare.

Booted up the game on my deck, asked to update so I did, then I got this error window

memory:67:25: E5005: Function "transpose" is not defined.

How do I fix it?

I got this error when trying to use the game on Linux via Proton-GE

The guy above me seems to be having a similar problem on his Steam deck.
HOWEVER, this seems to be a problem with Proton. I have NO problems booting when I use stock Wine.

Booted up the game on my deck, asked to update so I did, then I got this error window

How do I fix it?
I believe it's a problem to do with Steam Proton. I get no problems on my Linux machine running it with stock Wine (which Proton is based off) so if it's possible to get that running on a Steam deck then I believe that's your solution. Steam Proton has a few file related differences from Wine which make it finicky with some non-Steam games. I don't own a Steam deck but from what I've heard, you can install the Flatpaks of apps such as Lutris or Bottles which work as frontends to Wine. I heard that Lutris and some other apps are no longer on Discover for Steam Deck so you gotta use a bit of the command line... but either way, find out how to run stock Wine on Steam Deck and see if Momentum works with that, because it sure did for me.

Item information

Added by
Mr. Bane
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.27 star(s) 11 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Mr. Bane