don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Chronicles MV (working title) SAGE '23 Demo

General Information

General Information

Sonic Chronicles MV (working title) hopes to remake the original DS title in the RPG Maker MV engine to play more like a traditional RPG.
Please note that this demo is VERY early in development, and many aspects are expected to change. Assets may be replaced with higher quality ones, balance changes may be made, quests may change or become adapted differently to better suit the different engine.
Available for both Windows and Linux. Mac and Android ports planned later down the road.

Demo Features:

- 7 current playable characters. (Sonic, Amy, Tails, Rouge, Big, Knuckles, Cream.)
- Each character has multiple skills to use in combat.
- 3 large maps to work through. (Green Hill, Central City, Mystic Ruins)
- The main quest as well as a handful of side quests.
- Replacing the terrible music of the original with music made by multiple talented artists.

Future Plans:

The current plan is to continue to adapt the games story faithfully, while also adding in additional content. Those who play this demo may notice a new feature not present in the original game where your relationships with certain characters such as Amy are kept track of. While this currently doesn't have any noticeable effect on the game, in the future, making certain characters like or hate you will open up optional side quests and change when those characters may be available to you. I have additional plans aside from these, but seeing as they aren't yet implemented in any way, I will refrain from talking about them in case future plans change.

Controls:

Confirm - Left Click/ Spacebar/ Z
Cancel - Right Click/ Escape/ X
Sprint - Shift

Download:

Comments

I tried this demo out. However, the game keeps getting stuck when I encounter the first enemy of the game.

Edit: For clarification. The engie keeps asking for img/animation/howl. Yet the game folder doesn't have that file in it.

I tried this demo out. However, the game keeps getting stuck when I encounter the first enemy of the game.

Edit: For clarification. The engie keeps asking for img/animation/howl. Yet the game folder doesn't have that file in it.
I'm terribly sorry about this issue, I have replaced the game download with a link to my Gamejolt page with a version of the game that should not have this issue!

Just came across a new problem. When I got pass Green Hill Zone and went through the dialogue, the character stays in place and won't move. And what's worse is that the screen would either go to black or flicker between game window and black.

Just came across a new problem. When I got pass Green Hill Zone and went through the dialogue, the character stays in place and won't move. And what's worse is that the screen would either go to black or flicker between game window and black.
That's odd, I just tested it on the build that is uploaded to GameJolt and that did not happen but I did recreate it on the version I had uploaded directly to here so hopefully that issue is gone on the newest version on GameJolt!

Item information

Added by
GgGames
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Fan Games

More from GgGames

Share this item