don't click here

Mobius 3.5

General Information

THIS GAME IS NOW ON ITCH.IO
For newer updates, click here!

Picture2.png

SAGE'S FIRST TABLETOP GAME IS BACK!

Mobius is a fan-made tabletop wargame based on Archie Comics’ 24-year run of Sonic the Hedgehog, allowing you to fight Large Skirmishes in the gone-but-not-forgotten take on Sonic's World!

It features stats for all your favourite heroes and villains, and rules to suit every playstyle from hordes of Eggman Robots to squads of elite Freedom Fighters. There’s an ever-evolving plethora of army books and supplements to represent the many factions within the pages of the world’s most way past cool comic!

The Mobius Setting
Zone D6
- an alternate Archie Sonic Universe which combines elements of pre- and post-reboot Sonic and adapted for the tabletop. Like the comics, this is a science-fantasy world where freedom and even personhood are beset on all sides by the forces of greed and tyranny. Mobius isn't a Grimdark game, however, as the Freedom Fighters and their allies are always prepared to fight back!

There are currently 14 Factions in Mobius 3.5, with even more on the way:
  • Freedom Fighters & Chaotix
  • Kingdom of Acorn
  • Eggman Empire
  • GUN (Guardian Units of the Nations)
  • Wolf Pack Nation
  • Dark Egg Legion
  • Echidna Security Team
  • Felidae Dynasty
  • Dingo Regime
  • Kingdom of Mercia
  • Iron Dominion
  • Black Arms
  • BreezeCorp
  • Battle Bird Armada

How Do I Play This Game?
Like any wargame, you can create miniatures or even paper cutouts and fight it out physically (just make sure you brought plenty of dice!), but most of the Mobius Community play over virtual tabletops, namely Tabletop Simulator!

The gameplay is reminiscent of old fantasy wargames, built from scratch for both simplicity and tactical depth. Mobius is easy to learn but tough to master!

Speaking of the Mobius Community...

Picture1.png

What's so Special about 3.5?
Mobius 3.5 is the definitive "Director's Cut" of Mobius Third Edition, with improved balancing, brand new content, plus a visual glow-up that'll make you wonder if you were even playing the same game.

New additions include:
  • Night Fighting (and an overhauled Iron Dominion to go with it!)
  • New Units for almost every Faction
  • Improved balancing means a new Make Your Own Mobius!
  • Plus the UNLIKELY ALLIES and ARMOURED ASSAULT Expansions!

Expansions
Unlikely Allies - Teamwork makes the dream work! Found in the main .zip, this expansion lets two Factions share an army with Allied Detachments. Be careful though, as the less likely this team-up is, the bigger their debuff for working together!

Armoured Assault - The Robotnik Wars are heating up, and everyone's pulling out the big guns! This huge expansion features over 30 new Vehicles split across every Faction (at the time of writing!), with devastating firepower and even a few dreaded Strength "D" weapons!

How Can I Get Involved?
The Best Way to help Mobius is to follow this page and share it!
Also, if you have any questions, feedback, suggestions, or battle reports, be sur to contact me via @IoanMakesGames on Twitter!

I also have an FAQ series called The Knothole Conventions, and not only will I answer your question(s) then and there but the question (and my answer!) will probably get an entry in that book! If you'd like to help in other ways, I'm always open to collaborate with other Archie Sonic fans and tabletop gamers alike, so don't be afraid to get in touch!

FyyxkvDXwAMUdxm.png

Most Recent Update - 22/03/2024

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
IoanMakesGames
Views
Last update

More in Fan Games

More from IoanMakesGames

Share this item