don't click here

NiGHTS Open Dreams

General Information

NoD Logo.png

NiGHTS has almost always played in 2D space. But what if that was different?
This project is still very early in development so it is almost guaranteed that you will run into bugs.

V1.1 Update:
Added a tutorial
Fixed a lot of bugs
Added Classic and Christmas NiGHTS Skins (Activate in the Options menu under 'Other')
Polished gameplay controls
Revamped ground collision and control
Added Dynamic Camera
Updated Keyboard Sensitivity
Updated Gamepad Trigger Detection
Added Tight Turn feature
Added Readjust Keybind
Added level grading (Get 100,000 points per lap for maximum rank)
Updated the first level
Fixed the paraloop in the levels and open zone
Updated Menu Screen
Updated UI
Smoother animations
Extra feedback for collecting items and being hit
Added progress saving

v1.2 Update:
Updated Modern NiGHTS' Body Materials (512 -> 2048 & added Metallic Map)
Updated the look of many Gameplay Elements (All Rings and Blue Chips)
Updated many systems to be more performant
Fixed Level Camera and Movement to be less jittery
Fixed many smaller bugs
Added Percentage Text when Loading Levels
Removed Herobrine.

The Future:
Over much of this time, I have been working on polishing up all of these systems so that I can open source the project files and let the rest of the community have access to the NiGHTS character controllers that I have made. It was fun working on this project, but I want to move on to other projects that interest me that are not related to another IP, so I think this is the best way to let my work be used to its fullest potential. I will still work on updating this repository every so often to fix bugs that pop up, but other than that development will slow down as I work on other projects. You can DM me on Discord if you have any questions!

View the Public GitHub Repository here!

Gameplay

YellowRingRender.png Yellow Rings will replenish your Drill Dash meter allowing you to travel faster.
PowerRingRender.png Power Rings will give you unlimited Drill Dash for a short while.
BlueChipScaled.png Blue Chips will give you increased starting time in Levels and are required to move on to the next stage.
StarChipRender.png Star Chips are only found in levels. They will slightly increase the amount of time you have.
IdeyaPalaceRender.png Fly through the Ideya Palace to start the level and pass through it while in a level to move on to the next stage.

Comments

Item information

Added by
Ichorix
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item