don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

General Information

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (or MKF for short) is a Super Mario Bros 3/World styled fan game in development since 2008. MKF combines the gameplay of classic 2D Mario with MANY other video games. From other platformers like Mega Man, Sonic and Castlevania. To games from completely different genres like Doom, Halo, Tetris and Pac-Man.

From Metal Slug to Gradius.
From Metroid to Bomberman.
From Zelda to Contra.
The list goes on!

MKF currently features:
-15 playable characters including Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Wario, Simon Belmont and Arthur (Ghosts ’n Goblins). Each character comes with their own unique playstyle, weapons and power-ups.
-Over 200 levels spanned across 9 Worlds (+ one bonus world).
-Fusion power-up suits like Halo’s Spartan Armor for Mario, Duke Nukem for Wario and Eri Kasamoto for Roll.
-Guns from a variety of games like Metal Slug, Doom, Halo, Contra and Quake.
-Hundreds of enemies to keep you on your toes.
-Over 80+ bosses, including 8 World bosses, to test your skills.
-Controller support

Go8mJY.png
meQ61a.png
KGjt0y.png
JEy6ZO.png
Q0KNcA.png

Download here: Itch.io link

Latest reviews

Very enjoyable experience, to be honest I am surprised the team managed to cram so much yet it all is very... cohesive? yeah, it turns out it makes sense to play most of the game with all of the characters, and the quantity of levels and the content overall is actually commendable, of course not everything is perfect, some levels are not that well designed, others have jerk moves like an enemy shooting offscreen or having to do a leap of faith, but at least a good 80% of the levels are decent no matter what character you play. I did enjoy playing with both Arthur and Roll, bulldozing around with my superior firepower is always a joy, but of course the puzzles and the bosses are well thought, so I actually use my characters to my advantage.
Albeit as much I enjoy Arthur... I find him a bit lame, because his armors don't improve him, I do want to be able to charge my firepower and have in general better weapons, and I find many of the weapons are redundant like the scythe and the discs and I see no reason to pick the First game's torch over the second one's.
Also I found a few silly bugs here and there, like one boss disappearing or that arthur's weapons don't do damage up close to destructible objects.
Nevertheless the fact that you managed to make all of this is commendable, now it needs proper modding tools and it will be perfect.

Comments

This is probably the best game in 2022, it reminds me a little of the fan-made levels for SMBX, but a larger and more decent selection of characters from other game franchises!

I personally recommend playing this

this would be my favorite 2d mario game if not for one thing; the god awful controls and physics. everything is way too slippery and the momentum, feels way off. plus if you jump while pressing up on the dpad, you do a spin jump, which not only has different momentum than the normal jump, but also destroys blocks. just make it a separate button!! that's how it's always been! you don't need to reinvent the wheel here man!!!

pretty good made it to world 2 only issue is when there's a set of gaps most characters fall through them aside from that this has to be awesome 9/10 edit: played a bit more beat egg man and couple others played has waluigi and now i know the problem is not the physics fully its just some characters aren't bulid for the design still 9/10 tho

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
dooki51
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from dooki51