don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Final Fantasy Sonic X Unofficial Reimagination [Pre-Alpha]

General Information

FFSXRPG.png
About:

FFSX Unofficial Reimagination (presented by the Gauge Framework), is a reimaginated version of the flash animation/ videogame by BlackDevilX in a 3D RPG Engine made from the ground up.

The mission of this project is to capture the style of the classic style RPG Videogames with the fast paced anime style combat of the original animation.

vlcsnap-2023-08-22-01h30m23s504.png

Controls (Default):
WASD/ Left Analog: Movement
Mouse/ Right Analog: Camera/ Target Enemies
Q/ LB/ L1: Switch Characters
Key 1, 2, 3, 4/ Face Buttons: Select Action
Start/ Enter: Pause/ Main Menu
E key/ X button: Interact

vlcsnap-2023-08-22-01h33m07s727.png

Other Info:

This project is a proof of concept for my RPG Engine for Unity (the "Gauge Framework") that is still a work in progress, Although the idea of doing this "Remake" (i call it a Reimagination because it will interpretate in different ways and add new concepts of the original) for a while, the actual active development has been between 2 to 3 months. So there are some ideas that still needs fixing or some aren't added yet.

vlcsnap-2023-08-22-01h30m37s053.png

Latest reviews

Nice menu, nice logo, but everything else is very, veeeery rough. Sure, an early demo showing things, but yeeeah, even so it's shown either too early or just... eh, yeah, doesn't work out in general. The logo is very nice, the menu graphic is neat, but... that's kinda where the good things ended for me. The unselectable Chapter 0 being in the menu for no reason (other than to I guess advertise it) was weird, the lack of sound effects was very awkward, the lack of a jump button was ehhh (I can understand why it's not in but yeah), and uh yeah, both the battles and exploration need a lot of work, managed to glitch out of bounds during the battle in the exploration mode and while I had fun falling into the void I did get stuck then. Pretty alright lookin HUD for the battles tho, the health bars don't really match the sleek style that well tho.

As for how the out of bounds happened, one of the robot Sonics used a dash attack towards Sonic who was next to the edge of the arena. At the same time I had Sonic use Combo, and yeah the Combo's animation had Sonic circle the enemy now next to the edge of the arena, from there going out of the stage (since the Combo thing doesn't seem to look for any collision during it) and allowing me to go out of bounds. Trying to use other moves then, like Combo again, didn't teleport Sonic back up to the arena.
Reactions: Serac111

Comments

I like the idea, but DAMN this needs some work.

the movement feels very weird. character turning is way too snappy, and the acceleration is WAY too slow. there's also a lack of other movement options like jumping or anything else even though it feels like there should be. I also didn't like how none of the combat options worked outside of basic attacks. guard doesn't work, mana doesn't work, special doesn't work, none of it. I get that you want to show that it's early in the game's story so they don't have everything, but for a tech demo, I feel it's important to show what the game/framework is fully capable of.

I'm also very confused as to why all of the volume settings are at 0% when you start the game, you might wanna look into fixing that.

Item information

Added by
Serac111
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item