don't click here

Brock Crocodile Demo 2020

General Information

1 Boxart.png

Story 1.gif
Gameplay 3.gif

Story 3.gif
Gameplay 6.gif

Brock Crocodile returns to SAGE in an all-new, action-packed demo! Armed with his trusty whip and oh-so-handy fruit gun, the rad-red croc is ready to tackle a brand-new stage: Beehive Battleship! Swing across pits with his whip and send the villains packing with their five a day in this platforming adventure!

CHANGES FROM SAGE 2019 DEMO

- A brand-new level to adventure through: Beehive Battleship is a mechanical marvel… but it’s also a beehive, so try not to get stung! Alongside the fast-flowing honey-rivers, there are plenty of dangerous traps and deadly enemies waiting for Brock...
- Customisable controls: Want to play the game with your own setup? No problem! Customise the inputs however you like. W, A, S, and D or Up, Down, Left and Right - pick whatever suits you! D-pad? Analogue stick? We’ve got you covered!.
- Window options: Choose from a variety of sizes for the game's 'windowed' mode. Alternatively, you can enjoy the demo in complete fullscreen glory!
- A revamped look for Brock to rock: Brock's sprite has been refined to help him stand out against the crowd! Everything's changed, from new and shiny idle poses to a snappier, more responsive whipping animation.
- More chiptune music goodness for your soul: This time, there are even more tracks for the players to enjoy. There are more than 10 tracks to jam to in this demo alone!
- A richer narrative: Get to know the characters and world of Brock Crocodile. Now you can chat with the (mostly) friendly residents of Crocoh Lake, and enjoy quirky story-snippets in all-new cutscenes.
- A cosy place to crash: You can access Brock’s pad to get hints for secret treasures, change your controls, and even listen to the game's soundtrack. Oh, and it’s a pretty cool place to hang out, too!

Please consider supporting the project on: www.twitter.com/brockcrocodile

STORY.png

01.png
11.png

12.png
08.png

After dealing with the totally nasty-mean turtle in Raptor Ruins, Brock returned home to enjoy some well-deserved R&R. … Unfortunately for him, Crocoh Lake would soon be attacked by the flying Kingdom of Honeypot!

Now, with warrior bees waging war on the peaceful town, Brock decides to infiltrate the Beehive Battleship to face off against their ruler: Princess Cassandra Honeypot.
CONTROLS.png

0 Controller.png

Please note: Brock Crocodile allows players to customise their control schemes in which ever way they would like. You can play either keyboard or controller and assign whichever input buttons you wish!
CREDITS.png
Director: Javed Miah - https://twitter.com/Akifromspace
Lead Artist: Miles Arquio - https://twitter.com/TheDuckGod
Coding: Mark Boyde-Shaw - https://twitter.com/Rulrite
Sound: Steve Lakawicz - https://twitter.com/a_p_0_c
Writing: Luke Habib
Additional art: Molly Heady-Carroll - https://twitter.com/Molly_H_C
Additional art: Matthew Weekes - https://twitter.com/matwekpixel

Fancy drawing Brock? Here's a reference sheet!

brock_ref.jpg

Latest reviews

I love this fangame. The music is great, the artwork is outstanding, it even has a nice manual with really nice art too :)
The expressions are 10/10. The gameplay is great too, i'd say this game is pretty much perfect even if no game is perfect. It's really good and I have nothing bad to say about it, no oddities or suggestions. Just wanted to say I love this fangame.
Oh and I love the characters too!!! And Brock! Character design is a 10/10 as well.
I love how its got alot of neat collectable treasures too.
AND THE DIALOGUE IS AMAZING I LOVE IT.
Last edited:
Reactions: Aki-at
Aki-at
Aki-at
Wow that's a lot of high praise Pyra's Wolf, I'm really glad you liked it! I remember your comment from last year too and I'm glad the characters of Brock Crocodile continue to be so memorable for you! Please continue to support us in future releases :)
Pyra's Wolf
Pyra's Wolf
Presentation, Artwork, Soundtrack, Dialogue, Gameplay. This game does everything right and I love it, I will always be excited for a new update about this game!! <3 Thanks for making this!
S
Supersonic61332
I love the ideas here! the cons are: if you have a controller on or connected you are forced to use it and 2nd con you cant aim your wip to where you want it to be
other than that the game is amazing! keep up the good work!
This is without a doubt the original game I was most hyped about playing and the most memorable original game I remember from SAGE 2019. I love everything about this game. The aesthetics are clearly Sonic inspired, yet you do not let your source of inspiration limit you. The game play is like a mix between Sonic and Bionic Commando, while the scenery gives me Sonic 3&K and Donkey Kong Country 2 vibes. I love the writing and I love the humor used in it.

Also I want to add that as a Linux user I had no issue running this using WINE, so if you are a Linux user thinking about trying this, please do!
Last edited:
Aki-at
Aki-at
Oh I do remember you from last year Mr.rubbaduck, how have you been? It's good to see a returning face, here's to many more SAGEs!

I'm grateful to see we're still impressing you and happy to see there's no issues with WINE. Brock is coming close to the end of it's development journey so we hope you'll continue to support the project once we reach the end!
This game is giving me strong Sonic the Hedgehog vibes but yet it's so different in a good way. The levels are nicely designed and the boss in this demo is simple to understand. The controls are decent and are customizable, which is always a plus. I see some really good potential in this game, hope this turns out great in the end.
Aki-at
Aki-at
Thank you for registering and trying out SAGE games SpiffyRuffleroni! I'm glad you liked the art and level design, we spent a lot of time on them. Please continue to support us through our twitter page or future SFGHQ updates!

Comments

I was surprised by how "early Sega" this felt. I thought it'd be more Sonic, but it reminds me more of stuff like Psycho Fox and Alex Kidd. Very Master System, albeit with Mega Drive graphics. The controls have a bit of a learning curve at first, but I'd be willing to stick with them for a full game!

Your game is identified as a goddamn virus. Is this okay or not?
BTW, can you add option to skip dialogues? This game is not bad, but it has some bad and irratating game designs. Also, I don't like Brock's slipping physics.

The visuals can be a bit hard to parse, I feel like there could be a bit more contrast between backgrounds and characters so that the latter don't get lost in the former. And yeah, the controls are a bit hard to get used to. But I enjoyed what I played of the 2019 demo and this new one felt even better. The character dialogue is really entertaining too. Looking forward to the full version!

I was surprised by how "early Sega" this felt. I thought it'd be more Sonic, but it reminds me more of stuff like Psycho Fox and Alex Kidd. Very Master System, albeit with Mega Drive graphics. The controls have a bit of a learning curve at first, but I'd be willing to stick with them for a full game!
Yeap, this game started off Master System-esque and then became a Mega Drive inspired games. We'll look into how we can get the players more use to the control but I'm glad to hear you liked the game game overall!

The visuals can be a bit hard to parse, I feel like there could be a bit more contrast between backgrounds and characters so that the latter don't get lost in the former. And yeah, the controls are a bit hard to get used to. But I enjoyed what I played of the 2019 demo and this new one felt even better. The character dialogue is really entertaining too. Looking forward to the full version!
Thank you! I'll look to make some sections less busy so you can better see the characters. I'm glad you liked the dialogue, we spent a lot of time making sure these characters seem memorable. Please continue to be excited as we continue to fine tune this game!

Your game is identified as a goddamn virus. Is this okay or not?
BTW, can you add option to skip dialogues? This game is not bad, but it has some bad and irratating game designs. Also, I don't like Brock's slipping physics.
Unfortunately, it seems Clickteam Fusion 2.5 is having issues and falsely causing games to be picked up as virus. Unfortunate but hopefully they fix the issue soon, we've tried going down a few versions of it and still have the same issue. We're going to have options to skip cutscenes in the full game and continue to fine tune the game.

Hello,
i was trying to play this game, but either Windows Defender or my Anti-Virus Software Kaspersky Internet Security confuses it with a virus and deletes it immediately, whenever i try to unpack it.
Could you please put it in another file, which wouldn’t be confused with a virus?

I'm able to just unzip the folder onto my desktop, click it and have it "run anyway". For some reason it just assumes every game is a virus. I swear i've gotten this warning a million times.
Oh and .jar files are also just assumed as potentially dangerous ._. I'm not downloading anything I don't want.

Hello,
i was trying to play this game, but either Windows Defender or my Anti-Virus Software Kaspersky Internet Security confuses it with a virus and deletes it immediately, whenever i try to unpack it.
Could you please put it in another file, which wouldn’t be confused with a virus?
I am pretty sure you can temporarily disable those to keep the game that you downloaded or at least give you the options to see what you wanna do with the executable files

Hello,
Hi Crush! Unfortunately it seems this past few weeks games made Fusion 2.5 have had issues with antivirus software returning it with false positive. Did you manage to have any luck getting your AV software at granting it an exception?

5 star rating.
:emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star:10/10
Keep up the great work!
Much love to the classical scenes!

Will there be a linux edition, mabe in the far or near future? Only question.

5 star rating.
:emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star:10/10
Keep up the great work!
Much love to the classical scenes!

Will there be a linux edition, mabe in the far or near future? Only question.
Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed the game! Please follow us on twitter, facebook or insta for future updates!

As of now, no Linux edition is planned but if there's enough demand and we get support for it, we'll be more than happy to do it!

can you help me every time i try to advance the text it wont it just says controller connected can you help me after i will give a revew
Can you check if you have any controllers connected? The game automatically picks up on any controllers plugged in.

Item information

Added by
Aki-at
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.80 star(s) 5 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

• Sole Iron Tail
    Slide and charge as fast as you can using your special tail!
  • ChronoVenture
    Overview ChronoVenture is a momentum-based Gameboy-style platformer...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling
  • The Great Frebbventure
    An action-platform adventure that combines the best of retro and modern...
  • Skye Revival
    Go through levels and defeat your foes with a wide variety of attacks

More from Aki-at

Share this item