SAGE 2020 - Demo Sole Iron Tail

Overview

Sole Iron Tail is a momentum-based platformer, based around sliding and charging with your tail as fast as your can!

Planned Features:

• A cute, but challenging single-player adventure with 4 tales consisting of 9+ chilly levels, featuring a cast of friendly characters and giant foes!
  • Charge, Slide, Surf, and Hover with various character and level mechanics!
  • Beat those times on the leaderboard!
Story:
As the last known Iron Tail (a creature with a large, metallic cup on the end of its tail), the evil Pumpkin Army is hunting for your species! There is a glimmer of hope though, as a mysterious stranger covered in gold scarves guides you throughout the Tundra. Using your special tail, can you slide and charge fast enough to see the end of the Golden Stranger’s trail, all the while defeating the evil robots of the Pumpkin Army, as well as the mind-controlled animals who may be more innocent, and special, than they first appear to be?

About the project/developer:
Initially designed with a focus on using the tail to block in all directions, but slowly turning into a sonic-like experience, Sole Iron Tail has been in development for nearly 2 years. As the developer of the project, i've had help from friends and family members, but mainly doing it solo (with music commisions from the greats, H-Mister and +Tek!) while also working at a full-time job. I appreicate you taking the time to check out the game. Please feel free to give critique and stay notified through one of the games many social media channels!

Links

Wishlist On Steam!

Follow on Twitter

Join Us On Discord!

Media

Credits

Developed by Manny Mallea
Concept Art/A ton of Art Support by Ellen Chen
Music: H-Mister and +Tek

Comments

This game put a big stupid smile on my face. Combining a "burst" attack with line-rider-esque sliding mechanics adds a lot of depth, and the character designs are expressive and fun. The soundtrack slaps, too. The 8-bit sounds really mesh with the arctic atmosphere.

Item information

Added by
Manimalla
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Original Games

Share this item