don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Tacti-Cat

General Information

You play as Ellie the cat and have to use your fish guns to save the world from wizards that also have guns.

Minimum requirements:

CPU: the celeron in your moms laptop should work

RAM: 6gb

GPU: Intel UHDgraphics 650

Notes: This game runs on half a slice of cheese

Itch.io page

Controls:
A and D (or arrow keys) to move.
Space to jump, Space in air to double jump.
LeftClick, Shift, Ctrl, or Enter to shoot.
RightClick to use knife.
S to slide while moving.
Q to taunt
Esc to pause
(there is some very janky controller support but keyboard and mouse is the best option)
Disclaimer.png

image_2023-08-04_175723407.png
image_2023-08-04_180815484.png
image_2023-08-04_180844926.png
image_2023-08-04_181003715.png

Latest reviews

Well, this is was an interesting adventure, it reminded me a lot of Mega Man and Contra.
This wasn't a bad little game and I enjoyed myself with it and I like the basic foundation, but there are a lot of cons, the lack of variety, the barebone nature of the levels, and low screen visibility.
With the levels I'd recommend adding more flare to them and filling a lot more areas because the bricks alone don't cut it, with variety I want more enemy diversity, but it's just wizards standing and blasting at you, I want enemies that move around or fly or have melee attacks or that direct to you and so on, that'd help the game be fresh.
I want the screen to be expanded so I can see the enemies easier, and same for the obstacles, some times I ended up falling or stumbling into enemies, and as an extra I would want to actually aim my weapon, because I have to use my mouse to shoot it, so I'd like if I could actually aim with the mouse.
Oh yeah, and not to be rude... but the music is HORRIBLE, I had to mute the game and put something else on the background, but I will not bash you for it, I'd recommend you try to improve your musical skill, having a good OST massively improves the playing experience.

Overall I think it has a lot of cons but it has potential to be legitimately decent if those are polished.
Reactions: F108_Star
NULL3D
NULL3D
to be fair, i am a literal child and this is sonic AMATEUR games expo
StrudelKnecht
StrudelKnecht
Fair enough, still I respect for what you're going for, just keep working on it and keep improving. I am looking forward to the future.
NULL3D
NULL3D
thanks, also tbh you were exaggerating a bit too much with the music

Comments

I need help. The game just won't open for me. When I click the file to open it, it shows the loading screen for a split second, then closes.

Not bad for a platformer! Loved the art design, some of the things I saw in game made me laugh a bit. One thing I do want to note is that if you manage to click fast enough, you can rapid fire the main attack (The Fish Gun) like an SMG. Great game so far!

I need help. The game just won't open for me. When I click the file to open it, it shows the loading screen for a split second, then closes.
weird, it’s supposed to play the sage intro then go to the main menu, what are your pc specs btw, it can have a few problems on low end systems

Last edited:
weird, it’s supposed to play the sage intro then go to the main menu, what are your pc specs btw, it can have a few problems on low end systems
Device specifications:
Device name DESKTOP-25PBLI2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID F6161D41-F1A8-4D52-AE94-E9CF88DF11CA
Product ID 00342-20765-61953-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows specifications:
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎10/‎1/‎2022
OS build 22621.2134
Serial number MJ0GG5D4
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

idk, might be something with the radeon graphics, the game has only really been tested with nvidia and intel gpus

Item information

Added by
NULL3D
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item