don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Tacti-Cat

Well, this is was an interesting adventure, it reminded me a lot of Mega Man and Contra.
This wasn't a bad little game and I enjoyed myself with it and I like the basic foundation, but there are a lot of cons, the lack of variety, the barebone nature of the levels, and low screen visibility.
With the levels I'd recommend adding more flare to them and filling a lot more areas because the bricks alone don't cut it, with variety I want more enemy diversity, but it's just wizards standing and blasting at you, I want enemies that move around or fly or have melee attacks or that direct to you and so on, that'd help the game be fresh.
I want the screen to be expanded so I can see the enemies easier, and same for the obstacles, some times I ended up falling or stumbling into enemies, and as an extra I would want to actually aim my weapon, because I have to use my mouse to shoot it, so I'd like if I could actually aim with the mouse.
Oh yeah, and not to be rude... but the music is HORRIBLE, I had to mute the game and put something else on the background, but I will not bash you for it, I'd recommend you try to improve your musical skill, having a good OST massively improves the playing experience.

Overall I think it has a lot of cons but it has potential to be legitimately decent if those are polished.
Reactions: F108_Star
NULL3D
NULL3D
to be fair, i am a literal child and this is sonic AMATEUR games expo
StrudelKnecht
StrudelKnecht
Fair enough, still I respect for what you're going for, just keep working on it and keep improving. I am looking forward to the future.
NULL3D
NULL3D
thanks, also tbh you were exaggerating a bit too much with the music