don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog RPG: In The Belly Of The Beast

General Information

(Cover art by sqrly jack)

Check out our website (www.satamrpg.com) for all the latest updates!

An opportunity to take down Robotnik once-and-for-all leads the Freedom Fighters to embark upon a dangerous mission at the center of Robotropolis, the Death Egg.

Sonic the Hedgehog RPG: In the Belly of the Beast is the second episode of the Sonic the Hedgehog RPG (e.g. SatAM RPG) series, whose first episode debuted at SAGE 2020 (Click here to check it out!).

SatAM RPG strives to deliver a high quality RPG experience, taking place in the world of Sonic SatAM, between seasons 1 and 2. Inspired by the dynamic nature of Super Mario RPG, players are treated with far more than a formulaic gameplay experience. With multiple playable characters each with their own special mechanics, dynamic map puzzles, cool items, and compelling turn-based strategy, In the Belly of the Beast will leave you believing that Sonic can indeed star in a great role-playing game.

Trailer:

Keyboard Controls (Note: All in-game key hints refer to keyboard controls):

Tab - Fullscreen
Arrow key - Move
X - Select
Z - Cancel/Submenu
C - Change character
Left Shift - Character special move

Gamepad Controls (XBox 360 Controller):

Left Stick - Move
L Trigger - Change character
R Trigger - Change character
X - Character special move
Y - Cancel/Submenu
A - Cancel/Submenu
B - Select

Note: Multiple controller types are supported, button mapping may vary.

Latest reviews

I really loved the first one and this is quite good too, the gameplay and graphics are great and I like the story. Puzzles repeat a bit more than I'd like and I kind of hope the next episode is a bit longer, though to be fair, releasing a bunch of short episodes is a lot better than a project that never gets done.
S
SoggyDoggy
Thanks so much for the reviews! I think future episodes will be about this length too, but maybe with some more optional content each time. Still figuring out how episode transition should work.

Comments

I Play this game in the begin the controls smoothly angle are great 5 out of 5 graphics 4.5 out of 5 animation 5 out of 5 juggerbot is hard to kill right hand is stun left hand is fire shot have sally infect sally attack sonic tease on right hand stun on him it's good move to distraction after sonic is free stun after right hand is gone take the left with sonic and sally infect on left hand as well heal Sp heal yourself as bunnie since bunnie is the strong robotic legs to take them out take the juggerbot until countdown 3 hold as bunnie grab by 1 if not you get blast about 1000 hit HP i recommend to take the juggerbot no head just shell you target before countdown begins finish him off quickly this game is challeging try it out i give this game 10 out of 10 shoutouts to Reggie and his helpers they did a great job!

Wow! I finally played (a year later lol). And...

I just love the game. The episode was longer than the first one that is good. The episodic style remember me the telltale style of games. But I don't know if you can, but to use the save files from another episode. Maybe I did something wrong, I dunno. The writing is near perfection. I read the lines with the voices of the cartoon in my head! and the skills. yeah very helpful! And I don't know where is the Tails puck....

There is only one thing: The stealth is so good but... I often seen myself trying not to kill the robots using the stealth method because I wanted to level up. Maybe this is intentional, but maybe you could gain xp if you kill in that way. or, gain xp for succefully stealth the entire room. (but in that case... i know that you guys would wanted some coding skills to make the enemies of the room loses the Xp that they gives in the fight). Still... it's just an idea. because there is always a boss in the end. and that kind of game you need to level up to have a good battle. its the core of a JRPG.

Wow! I finally played (a year later lol). And...

I just love the game. The episode was longer than the first one that is good. The episodic style remember me the telltale style of games. But I don't know if you can, but to use the save files from another episode. Maybe I did something wrong, I dunno. The writing is near perfection. I read the lines with the voices of the cartoon in my head! and the skills. yeah very helpful! And I don't know where is the Tails puck....

There is only one thing: The stealth is so good but... I often seen myself trying not to kill the robots using the stealth method because I wanted to level up. Maybe this is intentional, but maybe you could gain xp if you kill in that way. or, gain xp for succefully stealth the entire room. (but in that case... i know that you guys would wanted some coding skills to make the enemies of the room loses the Xp that they gives in the fight). Still... it's just an idea. because there is always a boss in the end. and that kind of game you need to level up to have a good battle. its the core of a JRPG.
Thanks for the feedback Peu! Yes, I have been thinking about how to better reward stealth as well. I try to ensure that, even if you avoid every fight, you should still be able to defeat the boss if you are clever, but that still is kind of a punishment at this point, so will keep thinking about how to do xp rewarding for stealth.

Right now saved games don't work across chapters. This is something I'm still thinking about. Glad you enjoyed it!

Man. Why was this a kept secret from me... I grew up in the 80's 90's (golden age of gaming) I tried sonic chronicles the dark brotherhood but meh was not for me. You can be most def I will try this once I get a chance ( I work a lot ).

Item information

Added by
SoggyDoggy
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from SoggyDoggy