don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Before the Sequel - Redux (SAGE 23 Demo)

General Information

Screenshot_3.png

Update 9/16/13:
Here's a small update to fix some issues found in the demo:
-Fixed the death secuence not playing out properly
-Fixed an old Clickteam gamepad extension causing random slowdown
-Added a short camera delay when the spindash and drop dash are performed
-Fixed various collission issues
-Fixed the parallax in Act 3 not looping back properly
-Fixed the player character getting out of play field incorrectly after the boss has been defeated

Greeting! This is the first official demo of Sonic BTS Redux - an attempt to remake the beloved fangame from the ground up. This is what you'll find in this year's demo:

-A full remake of the first zone, Hilltop Heights Zone
-Completely redone graphics
-Original animated cutscenes restored as FMVs
-Much more responsive physics, more akin to Sonic Mania
-An air curl ability, like in ATS DX or Triple Trouble 16-bit
-Toggleable Drop Dash, Peel Out, Peel Dash and rotation modes
-Full XInput support

Enjoy the demo, and please share any ideas or feedback you may have about the project ^^

Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_16.png
Screenshot_15.png
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_17.png
Screenshot_19.png

Comments

hello hi hey
so, i played it again, and what can i say?
its good, but still has mistakes to fix

MISTAKES THAT YOU FIXED :
- fixed mid air roll (greatest fix ever)
- you removed ability to move when finishing the level
- exit!!!
- added the peel dash
MISTAKES THAT I JUST FOUND/WERE IN PREVIOUS DEMOS THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE :
- ledge animations are still from sonic 3 (default sonic worlds)
-
- uhhhh
- oh yeah, sometimes when cancelling dropdash and then landing, the rolling (jumping) animation will still play on the ground for a few seconds (i had air walk on, so maybe thats the reason???)
- please, just record cutscenes in better quality :(

yeah, thats about it
also, thanks for adding me in credits even tho i just did the peel dash :)

hello hi hey
so, i played it again, and what can i say?
its good, but still has mistakes to fix

MISTAKES THAT YOU FIXED :
- fixed mid air roll (greatest fix ever)
- you removed ability to move when finishing the level
- exit!!!
- added the peel dash
MISTAKES THAT I JUST FOUND/WERE IN PREVIOUS DEMOS THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE :
- ledge animations are still from sonic 3 (default sonic worlds)
-
- uhhhh
- oh yeah, sometimes when cancelling dropdash and then landing, the rolling (jumping) animation will still play on the ground for a few seconds (i had air walk on, so maybe thats the reason???)
- please, just record cutscenes in better quality :(

yeah, thats about it
also, thanks for adding me in credits even tho i just did the peel dash :)
Thank you for the feedback! I never had that drop dash bug happen during my playtesting, but I'll look into it
As for the animations and FMVs, those are only placeholders and will be replaced in the future. Still I'm glad you liked the demo!!

I'm not sure why, but this game is really lagging out for me. The cutscenes run perfectly fine, but the game itself is running at maybe 25% to 50% speed for some reason. I have a pretty decent computer and I've had no trouble running the original game, so any idea why this might be happening?

Idea:
For Extra Mode, I would love to see Amy and Cream as an Additional Playable Characters in Sonic BTS Redux
(Credit goes to OTH305 and Deebs)

mod_gen_classic_amy_sprite_sheet_v1_by_oth305_dexa77d.png

Custom Edited - Sonic the Hedgehog Customs - Cream.png

Last edited:
As a fan of the original fangame since the time of its release, I can say with certainty that what you already have is wonderful and has the potential to be a perfect remake!
The 60 FPS, widescreen, and new physics are really necessary upgrades that left the experience looking brand new, and kudos to whoever is doing the spritework, it's identical to the original and even better in some aspects (love the new in-between frames for the jog animation)
I look forward to seeing more updates, you guys are all set to make one of the best attempts to bring this fangame to the modern scene, and I couldn't be happier with the progress y'all made so far, congrats!

It's running horribly - it's basically slow motion. I've never had this issue with anything on my computer before. 2D games do not run like this. The cutscenes are all black, too. I don't know what's wrong here.

It's running horribly - it's basically slow motion. I've never had this issue with anything on my computer before. 2D games do not run like this. The cutscenes are all black, too. I don't know what's wrong here.
Sorry to hear that, it's a compatibility issue of the Sonic Worlds engine with Windows 8 and 10. Check that its NOT running in compatibility mode, and in the case you are using a laptop, conect the charger and set the energy mode to "best performance"

Sorry to hear that, it's a compatibility issue of the Sonic Worlds engine with Windows 8 and 10. Check that its NOT running in compatibility mode, and in the case you are using a laptop, conect the charger and set the energy mode to "best performance"
I'm actually running the game on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, using Wine.

I'm running this on windows 10 and have tried both with and without compatibility mode and I'm not sure why it is also running at 25%-50% speed for me? The previous version of this from a couple years back ran at normal speed for me, so I'm not sure what the difference is here.

I'm running this on windows 10 and have tried both with and without compatibility mode and I'm not sure why it is also running at 25%-50% speed for me? The previous version of this from a couple years back ran at normal speed for me, so I'm not sure what the difference is here.
Sorry, others have already pointed this out... It might have been an issue with the engine itself.
Please try the new update and let me know if it still slows down

Item information

Added by
FenekkoZero
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from FenekkoZero