don't click here

Sakura X Clash -Last Millennial Spring- (SAGE 2023 Demo)

General Information

!-You're now seeing an outdated version of the game-!
Check the link below for the most up to date version of Sakura X Clash!

Sakura X Clash -Last Millennial Spring- (Christmas Update)

Christmas SAGE 2023  Sakura X Clash -Last Millennial Spring- (Christmas Update)

Sakura X Clash -Last Millennial Spring-, is a IKEMEN-based fighting game, that pays homage to arcade classics such as The King of Fighters and Street Fighter.   sXc also uses NGPC-styled graphics and aesthetic, aiming for a simple yet deep gameplay experience, making the game easy to pickup and...

Sakura X Clash -Last Millennial Spring-, is a IKEMEN-based fighting game, that pays homage to arcade classics such as The King of Fighters and Street Fighter.
  sXc also uses NGPC-styled graphics and aesthetic, aiming for a simple yet deep gameplay experience, making the game easy to pickup and play for begginers, but with a lot of depth for those who want to master it.
  For more detailed info, visit us at sakuraxclash.com!

emiart.png

EMI (New Character):

EMI is the wild-eyed short tempered leader of her own gang of juvenile rebels. With a room temperature IQ and a forehead of iron, she won't hesitate destroy anyone in her close proximity with her agressive strings and little help from her best friend, Betty the baseball bat.

neriart.png

Neri Krause (New Character):

A robotics prodigy and the mysterious exchange student from Germany, Ms. Krause is a natural leader with a mind to be reckoned with, building robots to assist her with the most mundane stuff. With a single gesture she'll have you know the power of human science, be it with missiles, explosives, walls of energy or a good old headbutt from her little robot pal, this girl's got it all.

Hanayo Suzuki:

The cheerful student from the 1st Sakuragawa High School, inexperienced in fighting, she uses improvised short ranged attacks, most of her combat style and techniques were taught by her friend Sakuya. Hanayo is capable of using a skill called Aura Awakening, revealing her true potential for a brief period of time.

Sakuya Yagi:

Sakuya is Hanayo's hard working best friend. A self taught fighter with a style created just by watching movies and trying to copy their moves. She fights fair and square with a very balanced set of moves. A sworn rival to Sayuri Hironaka, she enters the tournament to test her abilities, settle her rivalry, and show her determination to the world.

Sayuri Hironaka:

The daughter of a multimillionaire family with a big tradition in martial arts, she is a student from the most renouwned school of the city, Sakura Academy. Using a modified version of her family's own fighting style, Sayuri focuses on speed and multi-hitting attacks, and is able to throw aura-based projectiles and power up some moves using her Aura Charge.

Asako Fujiwara:

Faced with the imminent threat of her soccer team being disbanded, Asako joins the Last Millenial Spring Tournament, with the aim of regaining her club's prestige. However, for that, she will have to put up with the difficult personality of her duo in the tournament. Ms. Fujiwara is a very direct hard hitter who bears some of the more punishing grabs in the whole roster.

Reina Hitokage:

From the Traditional School of Sakuragawa, Reina values honor, respect and discipline above all. She mixes her family's own Kenjutsu with traditional Kendou techniques, resulting in a dangerous but patient fighting style. A master in the art of Shadow Puppetering, using her shadow to enhance her movement and to place and cut training dummies in the arena. Reina likes to keep her opponents at a distance and play slowly.

Mariya Koshizu:

The hotheaded kenjutsu practicioner from the Traditional School of Sakuragawa, sharing a somewhat healthy rivarly with her colleague, Reina Hitokage. Despite her grungy looks, she is a well caring big sister. Koshizu fights agressevely, letting her emotions burn through her relentless fighting style. Mariya keeps her foes guessing at all times.

Hoshiko Hanataba:

A student from the Public School of Sakuragawa, Hoshiko is a member of EMI's Gang, the most dangerous juvenile gang of the entire city, in which she is the 2nd in command. Hoshiko is also a extraordinary guitarist and leader of the metal band "Electric Wind God". During fights, Hoshiko mixes wrestling moves with electric attacks and her lightning fast speed to completely overthrow her opponents, fighting with little to no effort and always playing cool, she is someone you really don't want to mess with.

Lilly the Dealer:

A fugitive from the race known as "The Dealers" now hiding on Earth, she enters the tournament in a quest for redemption. Her ability to shapeshift into anything she wants to leads into a keepway playstyle with a lot of tricks to catch opponents off guard.

*Please note that the controls are configurable, and that gamepad controls need to be manually adjusted in the Options menu.

logo.png

ikemen000.png
1.png

sccreenshot (5).png
ikemen005.png
ikemen002.png
sccreenshot (6).png
sccreenshot (1).png
2.png

Latest reviews

Well damn I was impresseed by this one, seriously, I am honestly suprirsed how much the MUGEN scene grew ever since The Black Heart.

I'll get the elf in the room right out of the away and say the graphics are lovely, this game is just a love letter to those SNK and Capcom fighters and it shows, more veering on the former, because of the NGPC graphics and the character design. And those background graphics, my God, the backgrounds are beautiful! they are extremely detailed and have a lot of personality put into them, there are not a lot of them but what we have here is very solid, especially because all of them have a fake 3D effect with the parallax going on, which is very cool.

The music, while I was not a fan initially because I only heard a few tracks, I became warmed to those after hearing them more, and when I heard the rest of it is very good soundtrack, which has a variety of soundfonts, from NES, to GB, to SNES, to Sega Genesis surprisingly, it is all very rich and very varied. Overall I'd say the game has a very solid OST.

The gameplay is where the game shines, it is fast paced, very responsive and very fun, the colorful cast of characters and their movesets makes the game ideal for whoever's playing, whether they want a Shoto-type character, or a puppeteer, or a mix of zoner and melee... which happens to be the case with Rina, which I had a lot of devilish fun with. Specials are fun to execute too and they all have their use and it's satisfactory to chain them with normal attacks. The final boss kicked my ass but hey! that's on par with SNK-inspired games lol.

Of course the game is not without flaws, I found the supers impossible to execute, seriously, the only way I could execute midnight slash was via button mashing left and right on the keyboard, the story campaign is very short with a whack pacing, I fight six characters, the third one being a miniboss and the sixth being the final one, which screws up the balance, and there's a lack of appropiate stages, like I'd like to see a football stadium/field for Asako.
But those cons are like little preventions compared to the rest of the game which is amazing, if you make supers more forgiving, make the campaign with 10 characters so the pacing is better(1 miniboss at the middle, a sub-final boss and a final boss), more stages and character specific endings would make this already great game into a nigh-perfect or even a perfect one.

In any case, you still earned 5 stars, I was cynical about fighting games because of the recent state of the coroporate side, but the indie scene makes me more hopeful for it and I see a bright future. I can't wait to see this one finished.
Last edited:
Team Project Sakura X
Team Project Sakura X
We appreciate your feedback a lot! And stay tuned, we are still far from our final release, so there will be more content coming to the game!

Comments

This game is great so far! It definitely has a lot of potential too if it continues to update like this. Most of the complaints I have with this game are the glitches which I will list at the end. But first onto the positives: The Characters and their movesets are really well made! Each character feels distinct from one another and the special intros (Something I'll always appreciate in a fighting game) only add to this. Not to mention that the characters' personalities really seem to complement their playstyle. While I'm not too into this game's music, each track definitely had love poured into it which at the very least makes them memorable even if they're not my favorites (I did enjoy Burning aura and Mutual Feelings [I Hate You] though). While I'm not the best at fighting games, I felt that some of the characters were really accessible to less experienced players, making it still enjoyable to those that are new to the genre (There are still characters that are more in-depth for those experts out there who want to try this game). All of what I mentioned contributes to this game being one of the most enjoyable fighting games I've played recently. However, there are some minor negatives I have, these don't completely ruin my experience, but they still somewhat bother me. First is the AI, I would say for the most part it's fine, but it feels like certain characters have better AI than others. Aaron and lilykage, for example, would completely obliterate me while Hanayo, Hoshiko, and Asako never stood a chance. Maybe it's just bad matchups? but I still never had problems fighting the latter three no matter what character I chose. With that being my only real complaint that wasn't due to the game breaking, I will now list the glitches I encountered: -Defeating an opponent using Lilly's max blossom will lead to a stuttering noise at the end of the match
-In Survival mode you can fight the soundtest? The round start intro will constantly loop when this happens. -Certain commands won't work when using a keyboard but are perfectly fine when using a controller (These are EMI's manic Lullaby and Sayuri's directional summons. It also causes EMI to be unable to move backwards when using good ol' betty). -Using certain max blossoms give you a full bar of meter when successful ( This might just be intentional? I don't remember if it happens with every max blossom or not). -EMI's max blossom is still listed despite her not having one ( or at least I assume she doesn't considering there isn't one on the official website and her damage output is already insane).
-Hitting the Ctrl key makes the game go super fast (Not sure if this is just an Ikemen Issue, it's really odd). Despite all this though, I had lots of fun playing this and will definitely stay tuned for future updates. To other commentors reading this, if you're someone who likes fighting games then I would definitely recommend giving this game a chance.

This game is great so far! It definitely has a lot of potential too if it continues to update like this. Most of the complaints I have with this game are the glitches which I will list at the end. But first onto the positives: The Characters and their movesets are really well made! Each character feels distinct from one another and the special intros (Something I'll always appreciate in a fighting game) only add to this. Not to mention that the characters' personalities really seem to complement their playstyle. While I'm not too into this game's music, each track definitely had love poured into it which at the very least makes them memorable even if they're not my favorites (I did enjoy Burning aura and Mutual Feelings [I Hate You] though). While I'm not the best at fighting games, I felt that some of the characters were really accessible to less experienced players, making it still enjoyable to those that are new to the genre (There are still characters that are more in-depth for those experts out there who want to try this game). All of what I mentioned contributes to this game being one of the most enjoyable fighting games I've played recently. However, there are some minor negatives I have, these don't completely ruin my experience, but they still somewhat bother me. First is the AI, I would say for the most part it's fine, but it feels like certain characters have better AI than others. Aaron and lilykage, for example, would completely obliterate me while Hanayo, Hoshiko, and Asako never stood a chance. Maybe it's just bad matchups? but I still never had problems fighting the latter three no matter what character I chose. With that being my only real complaint that wasn't due to the game breaking, I will now list the glitches I encountered: -Defeating an opponent using Lilly's max blossom will lead to a stuttering noise at the end of the match
-In Survival mode you can fight the soundtest? The round start intro will constantly loop when this happens. -Certain commands won't work when using a keyboard but are perfectly fine when using a controller (These are EMI's manic Lullaby and Sayuri's directional summons. It also causes EMI to be unable to move backwards when using good ol' betty). -Using certain max blossoms give you a full bar of meter when successful ( This might just be intentional? I don't remember if it happens with every max blossom or not). -EMI's max blossom is still listed despite her not having one ( or at least I assume she doesn't considering there isn't one on the official website and her damage output is already insane).
-Hitting the Ctrl key makes the game go super fast (Not sure if this is just an Ikemen Issue, it's really odd). Despite all this though, I had lots of fun playing this and will definitely stay tuned for future updates. To other commentors reading this, if you're someone who likes fighting games then I would definitely recommend giving this game a chance.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback! We'll take a look on all the reported glitches! Although the Ctrl Key thing is actually a ikemen debug feature, we left that in as it also allows people to see the hitboxes and refill gauge in training mode! And yes, gaining a bar of meter while landing a MAX Blossom is indeed intentional.

Item information

Added by
Team Project Sakura X
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Team Project Sakura X