don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo GunBurst

General Information

GunBurst is Run And Gun Game for MD I'm making. There is one boss It's not done yet but it will be

Warning Flashing Lights Be Careful
Quick Retry A+B+C+Start
Fighting Pad 6B recommended MODE button can be alternative to A button

Latest reviews

1693694979605.jpeg

played it on a real MD for kicks, game looks great but I could not beat that boss lmao, the bounce attacks are way too unpredictable for a game with 1-hit kills

Burst being the only thing that does major damage is fine, but I think gunshots should take away silvers of HP as well just so that they don't feel like boring meter building. (even tho that's basically what they are)
Reactions: Summer
S
Summer
Thank you I'm Adding more Weapons that deal damage

Comments

Did a clear of the boss:

Some thoughts:
  • Mechanics are pretty solid, though the game could really use a dash or slide move since the protag moves very slowly
  • Would be nice to have one of the 6B buttons work as a shortcut for the Burst move
  • Using Burst against the side of the stage during the bounce attack seems to be the only meaningful way to deal damage, using the Burst at any other time feels useless
  • Alien Soldier style random boss patterns + Contra style contact damage and one hit kills is a very punishing combo, I died many times to the boss ending an attack either sooner or later than I expected
  • Protagonist is very cute, art and animation in general are very well done
  • I appreciate the usage of SFX from Recca and the Simpsons Arcade Game
  • Always glad to see a Melon Bread cameo \o/
Game already shows a lot of promise, hope to see more of it in the future!

I've tried this game and it showed a lot of promise, one small itty bitty problem... it's literally impossible, dying by one hit, having a very slow protagonist and the boss having a cheap pattern make it a hell of a time to play through, so I'd advise you to balance it a little bit, at least Alien Soldier and Gunstar are hard but fair.

Did a clear of the boss:

Some thoughts:
  • Mechanics are pretty solid, though the game could really use a dash or slide move since the protag moves very slowly
  • Would be nice to have one of the 6B buttons work as a shortcut for the Burst move
  • Using Burst against the side of the stage during the bounce attack seems to be the only meaningful way to deal damage, using the Burst at any other time feels useless
  • Alien Soldier style random boss patterns + Contra style contact damage and one hit kills is a very punishing combo, I died many times to the boss ending an attack either sooner or later than I expected
  • Protagonist is very cute, art and animation in general are very well done
  • I appreciate the usage of SFX from Recca and the Simpsons Arcade Game
  • Always glad to see a Melon Bread cameo \o/
Game already shows a lot of promise, hope to see more of it in the future!
I've tried this game and it showed a lot of promise, one small itty bitty problem... it's literally impossible, dying by one hit, having a very slow protagonist and the boss having a cheap pattern make it a hell of a time to play through, so I'd advise you to balance it a little bit, at least Alien Soldier and Gunstar are hard but fair.
Thanks for feedback I love your games! I will add easier level and experiment with player mechanics and reconsider boss patterns

Item information

Added by
Summer
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item