don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo CODE Bunny (Final Demo)

General Information

CODE Bunny returns to SAGE 2023 - in its final demo before release...!

Axel and Hazel are members of the VY Space Program. When the new enemy dubbed Mad Bunny threatens the project, they must fight, as they uncover a hidden conspiracy...

unknown (11).png
unknown (12).png
unknown (19).png
unknown (9).png

Demo Features:
  • Take the battle to the air with the Ghost Crescent! Fly into enemies to cut them down as Hazel!
  • Collect Karma by defeating enemies! - Hazel's attacks become stronger, but she becomes more vulnerable to damage!
  • Beat down chains of enemies with the Comet Arts! - skills you can learn and master from the get go as Axel!
  • Master the power of Aethr! - Axel can collect Energy from enemies to fuel offensive and defensive arts!
  • Traverse Unique futuristic Levels with alternate routes. Replay stages to find the best path to get a high score!
  • Fight tough bosses where you'll need to use your arsenal to its fullest!
  • Listen to an amazing chiptune soundtrack made entirely in FamiTracker!
  • Meet lots of cute bunny people and chat with them about the world in the Talk room!
Characters:

Axel and Hazel.png

CODE Bunny has many memorable characters you'll accompany during your ride! But most of the time, you'll be seeing the heroes of this story: Axel and Hazel, in action!

Axel is a young man working as a tester for the latest invention of Lagos Hyperbolics: The VY Unit. It's a special suit created for advanced space exploration, but holds a mysterious power...

Hazel was assigned with supervising the VY Space Program for Lagos Hyperbolics, but Mad Bunny's attack meant she had to personally join the fight.

Gameplay:

Use martial arts imbued with the power of Aethr to rip through enemies!

Both Axel and Hazel have powerful attacks in their arsenal that also help traverse stages by taking advantage of enemy placement! Zip through stages with the Comet Arts and the Ghost Crescent!

unknown (22).png
unknown (10).png

The 'Aethr Barrier' protects Axel from attacks in exchange for EX Points.

Hazel's 'Shatter Point' always repels fatal attacks as long as she's above 1 HP.

Controls
/!\

>>>Controls can be customized in the Options Menu.<<<
/!\

Glance at the Instructions.txt file for more information regarding Controller Support.

Arrow Keys / WASD: Move

Z: Jump

X: Attack

Left Shift: Spin Attack / Ghost Crescent

C: Stomp / Arrow

ESC: Pause
Reactions: Punkitt

Latest reviews

Very polished title! The gameplay is some fast-paced platformer action, and the game looks really good.
I did two levels with Axel, one with Hazel and enjoyed my time with both. This could be some fun Megaman-like action in the upcoming release in September!

My only complain would be Axel seem, at least for now, a little too easy to spam his special ability and spin across most enemies and hazards without too much resistance. But otherwise, a great demo and would love to try out the full game this year.
Reactions: Lavie_Azure
Watching more than one streamer go through this and being super impressed by it made me give it a shot, and seriously don't miss it. The art is excellent and the gameplay is very snappy and satisfying, mixing in things from the likes of Shovel Knight. Even better, if you like this demo, the full game comes out soon!

Congrats to the team on the launch!
CODE Bunny is a phenomenal experience! The two characters offer two very different gameplay styles and approaches to the game, giving this demo quite a lot of replay value! The characters are well crafted, both in their game play style and in their design. The stages too, are quite beautiful as well! The forest stage, has been my favorite so far! The sound is as pleasing to the ears, as the visuals are to the eyes. CODE Bunny has been at SAGE for years, and I am a bit sad to see it go, BUT it definitely is going out with a bang! I look forward to revisiting this demo once SAGE is over and checking out the full game once it releases!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Lavie_Azure
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

Downloads