don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo CODE Bunny (Final Demo)

Very polished title! The gameplay is some fast-paced platformer action, and the game looks really good.
I did two levels with Axel, one with Hazel and enjoyed my time with both. This could be some fun Megaman-like action in the upcoming release in September!

My only complain would be Axel seem, at least for now, a little too easy to spam his special ability and spin across most enemies and hazards without too much resistance. But otherwise, a great demo and would love to try out the full game this year.
Reactions: Lavie_Azure
Watching more than one streamer go through this and being super impressed by it made me give it a shot, and seriously don't miss it. The art is excellent and the gameplay is very snappy and satisfying, mixing in things from the likes of Shovel Knight. Even better, if you like this demo, the full game comes out soon!

Congrats to the team on the launch!
CODE Bunny is a phenomenal experience! The two characters offer two very different gameplay styles and approaches to the game, giving this demo quite a lot of replay value! The characters are well crafted, both in their game play style and in their design. The stages too, are quite beautiful as well! The forest stage, has been my favorite so far! The sound is as pleasing to the ears, as the visuals are to the eyes. CODE Bunny has been at SAGE for years, and I am a bit sad to see it go, BUT it definitely is going out with a bang! I look forward to revisiting this demo once SAGE is over and checking out the full game once it releases!
Did my playthrough as Hazel. Very small complaint - there are a lot of jumps that require you to hit the homing-attack-enabling arrow on midair enemies, and when the buttons for jumping and arrowing are on opposite sides it becomes a little more difficult to juggle both functions than it needs to be. Possible solution - swapping the arrow onto B and the homing attack onto Y instead so all the jump-adjacent functions are within reach of one another?

Really not a whole lot to nitpick at besides that. Looking forward to the full game!
Lavie_Azure
Lavie_Azure
Thanks for the feedback!!
Quick note, the arrow button and even the ghost crescent button are also mapped to the shoulder buttons, and controls are fully customizable. I hope this helps! Thank you for playing c: