don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Zorropa y la torre de las sombras 2023

General Information

zorropa_2023_title.png

zorropa_ilustracion_b.png

Zorropa is a 2d platformer, that started it's development in 2020 by our group naikidev.
This is Zorropa.
A young fox that has to leave his house due to some spiki plants growing all over the island, it is in this moment where your adventure begins.

Use your abilities to make your way into towers that behold the power of the sun, maybe with this power you can save the island, or start an adventure and save the world.
And remember to collect more and more suns to level up to become more powerful.

---Controls---
Z key - jump.
X key - attack.
C key - Special attack.
Enter key - Pause​

Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_5.png

Latest reviews

Definitively better than the past year, I liked this year's demo a lot and this is further fleshed out.

The graphics took a massive upgrade, the shading+the better sprites are already a wecome addition, but also the tiles and the backgrounds are beautiful, tho some of the sprites are unfinished and there are tiles that are incomplete too.

For the music... yeah I am not a fan honestly, I didn't like it at all, maybe it's not my style but it is not very good, it's mostly repetitive and confusing, so that needs a bit of work, if done right it could make a good experience an excellent one.

The gameplay is where the game stands out, it uses fighting game mechanics with platforming, and honestly I respect that the game is now having its own identity, instead of just being a 2d Mario 64 and it does execute that quite well.

With that being said, I think that the gameplay is not 100% there, I think it should be exploited to the max, I want to be actually be able to combo enemies and chain them, that'd make the game even more fun, I could ask for street fighter-like inputs but that'd be too much probably. And on the more technical side, there's also a lot of glitches like how I got shunted out of the ground tiles after I died and had to restart the level, grammar mistakes and a few dick moves. If all of those problems were improved and you committed to the fighting game mechanics, it could be an excellent game honestly, as it is now, it has a lot of potential and holds up on own merits but it is not without flaws.
Reactions: F108_Star
Amazing art, gameplay, and music. This was super fun and very reminiscent of old flash/mobile games.
I got stuck after the fourth level however, because I couldn't figure out how climb over the wall, so I searched up gameplay and saw your run of it, however there was no wall. I also couldn't collect the emblem after you beat the first boss, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Regardless, great game!
Reactions: F108_Star
Nahuel Paillapi
Nahuel Paillapi
Thank you for playing it, we made an update where the emblem that the boss drop, is more easy to grab now. along side of that, the npcs are fully translated into english and tell more about your moveset, or give hints about it

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Nahuel Paillapi
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Original Games

More from Nahuel Paillapi