don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic The Fighters Blitz Hyper Edition

I always love myself some fighting games and even tho STF has bad publicity, I did like when I played it, it is legitimately fun, this 2d version is even moreso.

The artwork here is very beautiful, with large size sprites, even if the colors are a bit mute they still are pleasing to the eye, plus how they animate and how fluid they are must had been a staggering job, so I must congratulate the animators particularly, I love the couple of visual gags here and there and I am glad to have to appreciate them.

The gameplay is a bit slow, with attacks that linger on for a bit too much... except I realized, that I wasn't using my fullest potential, when you get to learn combos and special moves, which isn't that hard, it becomes incredibly FUN to combo your enemy or to chain them with specials, I haven't thought to use supers but that's because I suck at inputting supers... sorry.

The music is taken from the OG game, period. It's the same great ost that the game had, ESPECIALLY that Metal Sonic theme... but I am getting off track here.

As an aside I like the character interactions, I just played as Tails so far but I liked the story cutscenes.

Overall, there was a lot of sweat, love, blood and effort into it, I have no major complains about it, but I'd want to see my girl Honey at some point.
All of you deserve this 5-star, good job.
S
Sonic and Tails
theres something wrong for me every time i pick a character the color pallet changes