don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic AM2

I like how this game looks. This aesthetic and choice for models is a nice touch. I didn't like the combat, however. It feels... kinda janky if that's the right word. Requires time to get used to. For aiming the enemies I'd suggest making a pointer, like in Sky Chase Sonic Adventure stages when you aim at the target and the target stays because right now it's hard to keep track of both where you're pointing and the arrows aligning on the robot. I was also not a fan of the camera, should zoom it out more probably. And please make the Right Stick camera faster, or the option to do that because it felt like a chore always waiting for it to move where I want.
This clearly has a lot of love and attention to it, I admire that. granted, there's alot of problems but I only mention them because I see potential in this game and want to see it improve~

pros:
+cute amy portrait/animations
+great enemy designs and gameplay so far, looks very promising.
+lock on hammer is great mechanic idea
+wall jump
+other hammer attacks are cool too!

cons:
-awkward hitboxes for amy's attacks (I think she needs a jump spin hammer like sonic advance)
-spawning flying enemies with red button will launch them to the ground, just noclipping basically
-encountered a glitch where doing certain animations while jumping and attacking emeies just freezes amy in place, unless she uses lock on hammer
-I currently cannot proceed past the grind rail section since her speed cannot go faster on a rail
-the tutorial signs aren't that easy to figure out that they can give you advice, it blends in with the background and may need brightning/recolouring.
-Please I beg you, put some underwear on amy!! >/\<

overall, this is a fan game with alot of potential, please keep it up!
R
robotMonkey64
Hey Dextergethood, I actually appreciate your feedback here (I was just about to put up a 'help me make the game better' type disclaimer to help me track down the things people are having trouble with). I don't have time at the moment, but most of these things are worth getting figured out (I have a pretty good idea as to why your having problems with the grind rail section, I had a similar problem with the small wall running section, which I believe I fixed in the latest update? Your supposed to at least be able to get to the capsule platform with a little effort).

I will DM you when the rail section is finished, as I think the last bit is worth playing! No promises on the underwear though (canonically it would be incorrect! :) ), but I did make the camera a bit more err... discreet, when I saw people having trouble with it. 😁
Dextergethood
Dextergethood
I have DM'ed you my thoughts on the newest build. (I wish I could reply here but can't since it doesn't allow no more than 1000 characters.