don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Prototype N (CSAGE 2023 DEMO)

This game is really well designed and has a great feel to the overall controls! I highly recomend this game to anyone who's a fan of 2D platformers!
nadine is very cool and then i slidejump into a pit because this game is good
Arrietty
Arrietty
LMAO
I really loved this game last year, and I had an absolute blast this year. The controls feel REALLY tight and platforming with the slide jump is super fun. 10/10 must play
Enjoyed this last year and this year's demo is even better. The new shop and inventory systems add a lot to what is already a very well polished game!

Overall is a very interesting mix of Mega Man mechanics (with Gunstar Heroes style weapon pickups) in very un-Mega Man like level design and it really works. It's pretty cool exploring levels for secrets and using the different weapons strategically. Very well done and looking forward to seeing where it goes next.
Reactions: Arrietty
This is one of the most polished platforming games I've ever played, period. Everything from the movement speed to the way Nadine's momentum transfers from sliding to jumping feels just the right level of weighty. It's everything I like about games like Mega Man but without the frustrations.

The level design is also top-notch, teaching the player through example while also being full of optional little nooks and crannies to explore. These diversions also give the game a dynamic sense of risk-reward, allowing you to ramp up the difficulty for yourself by taking the more dangerous, albeit treasure-filled, route.

The visuals are well-executed, as well. I'm someone who often feels overwhelmed by action games, so it's nice to see that the visuals have a somewhat understated 16-bit charm to them. The whole game is very 'readable,' and it's easy to take in the information and make your next move accordingly. The overall design is easy on the eyes and the brain.

I look forward to seeing this game's continued development, and can't wait for its release!
This demo was a very pleasant playthrough! The characters have very cute designs and the graphics and pixel art are all wonderful to look at, very nice work!!
I really loved this demo! The levels are really well designed; they're difficult enough to be challenging, but never frustrating. There's collectibles that are more challenging to get, and I always felt like I had to grab them. Oh, and the minecart stages were so fun!

I also gotta give a shout out to the character designs! Everyone's so cute! My favorite is Clara the shopkeeper, I loved just talking to her until she ran out of stuff to say.

Anyways, great work on the new demo, I'm really excited to play more!
With astonishing graphics and clever level design, Prototype N straight up mixes Mega Man and Sonic gameplay in a blender and absolutely delivers.
If you love both franchises, this game is just pure perfection. It's definitely a demo that makes you want to come back for more and hypes you to actually see how the final game would be.
Compared to the last demo, this one doesn't necessarely delivers way more levels, but does improves (And by A LOT!) on the previous Demo mistakes, so it's absolutely worth the try even if you've played the previous demo to the ground.

The attention to details given in this game is absolutely MASSIVE and i really look foward for the full game.
I love how this game is turning out so far! It's super polished, the level design is tight, the characters are cute, the music is a vibe, and it's just a cozy experience all around. I only played a little bit last year, so it was great finally getting around to doing a full demo playthrough this time.

I really can't think of much I'd change, either? The game is fairly forgiving with checkpoints, and I never had trouble getting stuck on parts later in the demo.
Cool new boss fight! I like the shop system, too! This game just keeps getting better!