don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Project After: Shadow Theory (SAGE`23)

General Information

After falling from the Ark space colony, Shadow finds himself in a strange place. World is different, he feeling his...past?
- Where am i, why robots everywhere, and, who this is fox guy?
Logo for SAGE.png
1691267140604.png

1691266956296.png

1691267840740.png

Project after shadow theory 3 page.png

Latest reviews

Has a lot of potencial but also has a long way to go. It has unpolished controls and broken controller controls. A basic jump takes a lot of effort, combat needs a lot of work and Chaos abilitys are cool but not fun. But concept is so DAMN GOOD. But like I said it has a long way to go I hope this project gets finished one day and we have a good modern Advance style 2D Shadow Game.
Kurosawa Aoi
Kurosawa Aoi
Thank you so much friend! I really didn't have enough moral support to support this project. To be honest, I want to bring it to the final stage, but I work mostly alone, and in fact my hardware for development leaves much to be desired. I don't know how long my laptop will last, but by next year I will try to polish everything!

Thank you so much again!
Didn't get far at all, honestly pretty frustrating to control atleast with a controller (360). Hitting the X and B (teleport + kick) at the same time makes Shadow freeze in place, jumping with A doesn't do a proper jump and instead only does the shortest jump possible (plus jumping on slopes is weird), and yeeah damn, the charge time for the different levels of Chaos Spear takes too long. Also a wacky high jump seems to happen when rolling and holding down and then jumping, the jump is like five times longer than normally, crazy high. I did have a... kiiind of a good time with the game, but eh yeah not really for the right reasons. After playing around in Chaos Grind and getting stuck multiple times, then trying out the first level and again getting stuck after hitting X+B I just closed the game. Or uh, we closed the game I should say, was playing this with a bud. The best thing in the game was definitely the graphics for the cutscene and the intro cinematic, it's a nice style that fits Shadow pretty well.

But yeah hey, a good way to test if your controls and gameplay work as they should is to try just mashing every button. While yeah it might not be the intended way to play, it's a good way to see if things interact and work together as they should, learned that when a friend of mine tested my own game and went crazy with it lmao
Kurosawa Aoi
Kurosawa Aoi
Thank you so much for playing! I set up the control on the gamepad blindly, since I simply don't have it.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Kurosawa Aoi
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games