don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo OUTER OUTAGE sage 2023 demo!

General Information

SEXY NEW BLEMIE ITCH COVER WOOOOOO.png
Monochromatic OUTER OUTAGE logo.png

Outer Outage is a 2.5D collectathon platformer with a stylish surreal artstyle and speedy gameplay! This demo contains 6 of the game's open sandbox stages!

Heres...
The trailer
The itch page

UH OH!! Our silly lil alien protag, named Blemie, got his ship stolen by some crummy robot whilst on vacation! Said robot has placed several electric walls around the area too! How are you supposed to go back to your home planet now? Well a demi-god, named Sony, takes pity on the guy and tells Blemie to go explore and collect OUTAGES. Outages are creatures that possess insane electrical energy and can take out any of those barriers as long as there's enough of them. Jump, dash, drop and LAUNCH through all of the wacky areas this alien planet has to offer.

This game combines the exploration elements of the collectathon genre with speedy gameplay, allowing you to run around collecting the Outage's like a madman! Blemie's moveset compliments this with his moveset. He can dash for horizontal speed, launch up walls to get to higher areas quick and DROP to immediately fall back down to a lower area of land.

blem screenshot1.PNG
blem screenshot2.PNG
blem screenshot3.PNG
blem screenshot4.PNG

Latest reviews

By far one of the most unique games at SAGE this year. The trippy (and much appreciated) seizure warning at the beginning is a pretty good indicator of what you're in for: an absolutely bizarre game where you're zooming up walls and flying around psychedelia in open ended levels looking for outages (star looking things). It is admittedly a little jank, but honestly? It would feel wrong fixing that. This game is so utterly strange that the mechanics feeling pretty weird actually enhances the experience, and I would recommend you don't try to polish them at all.

The one real flaw is I would definitely appreciate some different controls, WASD + spacebar is ok but it isn't the most comfortable.

Seriously, this is really promising. Keep up the great work!
Lua computa
Lua computa
Awe thanks! Stated in a previous review that I plan to add button remapping so yeah!
I didn't beat it yet, but I thought this was super charming! It's clear a lot of work went into the presentation. It made me feel like I was going insane (but in a good way).
As for the gameplay, I think it's got some neat ideas too. It takes some getting used to the jump physics, but I love how you keep your walljump momentum as you leave the wall. The open-ended level design also makes for some fun interactions with the characters you have.

I think my biggest criticism is that I'd appreciate some alternate control schemes, some way to remap the controls, or even adding gamepad support. I'm really not good at platforming with WASD + Spacebar.
Lua computa
Lua computa
Ayy thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! I’ll try to look into how I can do button remapping and adding controller support.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Lua computa
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games