don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Louny Balloony (SAGE '23 Demo)

General Information

Louny Balloony is back with a bunch of new features:

New Power-Ups!

Collect new power-up balloons during your adventure including:
  • The Doub-loon -- When popped, produces 2 more balloons.
  • The Speed Balloon -- When held, makes the player move left and right more quickly.
  • The Invinci Balloon -- When popped, makes the player invincible to damage for a time.
  • The Lead Balloon -- Cannot be popped, but makes the player heavier.
powerup_clip.gif

Banking Feathers!

Collecting feathers beyond your capacity of 30 causes them to be banked! Banked feathers can be used to purchase extra lives, power-ups, or even replaying bonus levels only accessible in the main game!

tryagain_clip.gif

New Save Feature!

Save up to 3 distinct save slots! You now have the ability to save the progress of your game, including percentage progress, bonus map pieces collected, and the feathers you bank throughout your playthrough! Can you earn 100% completion for this demo?

map_clip.gif

Gamepad Support!

Louny Balloony now supports plug-and-play support for XBox gamepads!

boss_clip.gif

Latest reviews

Louny Balloony is an addictive, fantastical gaming experience. The concept behind this game is a very unique and I believe the execution of it has been flawless. The stages in this game are constantly moving, so you have to stay on your toes, constantly. However despite this, it never feels like a chore. While there are obstacles galore, I believe they are balanced and fairly placed through out. The game is also very forgiving when making mistakes too. If one of your balloons popped, you can easily inflate another one.
In regards to the design, this game is very beautiful to look at. The stages, the characters, and the effects were all very pleasing to the eye and all consistent with the historical theme of the game.
I look forward to coming back to this demo after SAGE and I'd highly recommend anyone reading this to give this demo a try!
Reactions: F108_Star

Comments

Oh this is charming! Starts off a bit slow, like a low stakes Flappy Bird, but quickly develops all sorts of cool obstacles. I do think the sepia city stage could be shortened so it doesn't make players think it's all there is to the game. A solid take on hitboxes and health, interesting and fun to play.

Oh this is charming! Starts off a bit slow, like a low stakes Flappy Bird, but quickly develops all sorts of cool obstacles. I do think the sepia city stage could be shortened so it doesn't make players think it's all there is to the game. A solid take on hitboxes and health, interesting and fun to play.
Thanks! I intend on refining the first level further to make the gameplay more dense while also trimming the total length of the level.

Item information

Added by
Harold Krell
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Harold Krell