don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Game Cycle

General Information

Game Cycle is a faux retro shareware collection with story elements!

screen13.png
As a recently-contracted games analyst, you are tasked by the CEO of Best Value Games to make sure the games set to be included in their upcoming release are up to code. You can get the job done by playing each game for a few minutes, or you could be thorough and try for bonus pay by completing every objective on the checklist.

After your work for the day is done, you can go right to sleep and wait for tomorrow.

You did just move into this neighborhood, though.
Why not go down to the hot tub and chill out for a bit? Maybe get to know some of the people that live close by?

Are you up to the task?
newscreen1.png

◉ Re-discover the bygone era of shareware CD-ROMs!

◉ Play over TWENTY games! (of varying quality)

◉ Complete objectives for each game...or do the bare minimum!

◉ Chill out in a hot tub and have a moment to relax!

◉ Learn about your neighbors as they talk your ears off!

◉ There are multiple endings depending on what you do!

The free demo contains 3 of the 20 games - Survive Squares, Fifty Zeroes, and Cowboy Lance: Episode One!

Download demo

Buy the full game here:

Itch.io page
Steam page

Comments

Well, this is an interesting concept, being a playtester of different games, I think it makes for something unique and I like how the overworld looks, I might check the full version at some point.

This has a fake operating system so ofc i'm checking it out (it's not very interactive but that's ok, it's clearly not the focus of the game! Although pls fix the pixel scaling 😭😭)

I really like the concept of playtesting/having different challenges for each game - It reminds me of the Game Center CX games on NDS which had similar mini-challenges to keep you playing those faux-retro games.

My main issue is that... the games all seem to be quite simple and not very engaging?
I feel like there should be at least a few standout titles, while I can totally understand throwing a few intentional simple games for that authentic 90s shareware CD compilation experience, none of the three games in the demo really made me want to keep playing.

Item information

Added by
RyanSil
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from RyanSil

Share this item