don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo EdelSuche (SAGE '23 Demo)

It's a decent game and I had a fun, challenging time with it. My main problem is the game's lack of visual identity. Some of the sprites, particularly the smaller enemies and ground tiles, feel generic. They're still solid but feel like they could go in just about any game, although the main character and boss designs are cute. The physics are able to capture the Mega Man/Rockman feel, and fit the level design like a glove. However, despite Mega Man being a great blueprint to base a new game upon (and this game replicates it very well), I can't help but wish for some expansion on the formula to set EdelSuche apart from its source material.
46nuko
46nuko
Hey Natsuki! Thanks for your review!
About the visual identity: We are currently working on that. We had problems regarding the artists, as the two people credited for the tilesets and background quit, so we are currently reviewing all of our art direction with a new artist!
We are also preparing some new mechanics to expand the Rockman formula and stand out more!
Again, thank you so much for the feedback, We're glad you liked it, and we hope to get that sweet 5-star review with the next versions! We were very anxious about our first review, and we are happy that it came out like this.