don't click here

Sonic Unleashed+

General Information

Unleashed+ is a project to remake unleashed inside of the Dash Engine 1.2 framework.

Cool Edge Update 2.0

Content:
Intro Cutcene
New Main Menu
Holoska hub (no npc)
Apotos hub (no npc)
Windmill Isle act 1 and 4
Cool Edge Act 1

Download Link:

Controls:
A/Space: Jump
X/Left Shift: Boost
B/Left Ctrl: Crouch/slide
Crouch/slide x2: Spin kick
Y/X: Light Dash
Triggers/Left Alt: Drift
Bumpers/Q,E: Quick Step

Game Trailer: Sonic Unleashed+ Cool edge Update 2.0 - YouTube
Screenshots:
HighresScreenshot00004.png
HighresScreenshot00003.png
HighresScreenshot00002.png
HighresScreenshot00005.png
HighresScreenshot00006.png
HighresScreenshot00007.png

Latest reviews

You put much effort in this, great job! You should fix some moments, like:
1. Make the intro skippable
2. Make so that intro is not stretched
3. Remove HUD crop on non 16:9 displays
4. At windmill isle act 4, there is a quick step section. Would be better if player's auto-centred. Without it, you can't allign it at one of 3 parts of track and Sonic will shift.
If you fix this, your project (in terms of quality) will be as good as P-06.
D
Derp Mage
Where is the game and why is it not in the files?
P
Yeah, this demo is in the rough state. Reminds me of SatBK remake on the same engine in the previous SAGE by someone. But your work is not as bad. I can definitely see the effort but unfortunately either it's my bias against the Dash engine, or it was just hard to play sometimes. Let's get into it:
*This game was NOT friendly to my 5400 rpm HDD. Yes, I understand if the textures take long to load even on medium settings but to not have literal objects loaded? I for a second thought that the loop at Windmill Isle Act 1 was missing, but turns out it didn't load until I dragged the demo to my 500MB/s SSD.
*The camera seems too zoomed in. I get that Unleashed had that but this time it made me feel uncomfortable. Especially in HUBs where the camera was turning quickly with Sonic, making for unpleasant experience for motion sick people (not me though).
*Music between normal state and boost state desynchs.
*If the bobsleigh will stay the way it was programmed, I'd rather just cut it, because it was miserable to control. Either it goes too fast or stops immaturely without the way to speed up.
*Why does it weigh a whopping 13.7 GBs? Considering the size, I expected at least 50% of the stages to be ported but no. This is ridiculously bad compression, especially considering the original weights over 7GBs.
I hope those notes will be useful in the future. What's available is ok, but the demo is far from being considered finished.
Last edited:
Team Hero Studios
Team Hero Studios
thanks for the feedback :)

Comments

There's not a proper description for the game anywhere here (atleast not on SFGHQ), is this Sonic Unleashed remade with a fan-made engine or something? Or is it just an alternate experience of Unleashed, what makes it a plus compared to the original game? And is the plan to remake all of Unleashed, or only the day levels?

Edit: Looks like a single sentence to mention what the game is was copypasted from the game's Gamejolt page. But the lack of response to my questions isn't bringing up my hopes for this thing.

Last edited:
i've been trying to download both "U+" and " High End+", but it keeps saying "failed to download". can you please at least make an alternative download (probably besides google drive)?

i've been trying to download both "U+" and " High End+", but it keeps saying "failed to download". can you please at least make an alternative download (probably besides google drive)?
Update: it now took this long to actually finished downloading one of them.

please dont give up on this project
this is the closest thing we ever got to a sonic unleashed remake but if you do give up atleast make it available for other devs to complete what you started i hope this isnt the case and you are able to finish it and i wish you good luck and something else the link for the game isnt working i suggest you use multiple links i noticed allot of people do that they use multiple websites to upload the link in case one of them isnt working

Item information

Added by
Team Hero Studios
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Fan Games

Share this item