don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Complete Sonic 04

General Information

Are you tired of Sonic fans talking about how the latest open-world fangame with momentum is better than official Sonic games on any day ending in Y? Do you cringe each time someone tells SEGA to hire that guy?! Well fear not, because 2_0BV10U5_Games is here to take you on a fun trip almost two decades into the past!

Sonic 04 is a loving tribute to the good old days when Sonic fangames were unambiguously worse than the official ones, when the biggest complaints people had with the series were that Shadow should have stayed dead, and more people on DeviantArt loved your picture of Naruto the Hedgehog than hated it! If you've been a Sonic fan online for as long as being a Sonic fan online has been a thing, consider this a fond look back, and a way to see how far you've come! (Well, some of you.)

Features:

*Sprite comic cutscenes in the most appropriate font possible! (Hint: It's in the title)

*Chunky terrain without trite distractions like loops and curves!

*The beloved physics of 2D Sonic, questionably recreated from scratch! (Figuratively; not the program SFGHQ banned.)

*Midi soundtrack! (Converted to MP3s because Unity suxors.)

*Chaos Emeralds. (But not special stages. You want me to make two games?! Who do you think I am, Eggman?!)

Latest reviews

Survived until the Act 2 of 2nd zone and I can definitely say that this is almost a perfect representation of fan-games from this era. However I wouldn't say that Sonic should be this heavy and more of uncontrollably sensitive to inputs. The dialogues could also have some bad grammar for a perfect result. I'm probably not gonna finish this but I can say that this is a pretty good attempt... though I doubt it required a lot of programming to do. For request, even though it will be against the rules, I'd like to ask for more comfortable controls, so that I and many others can finish this masterpiece. Still good anyway.
H
Hoohee
Thanks for the review.

There is some questionable grammar, like "STFU" only having the first letter capitalized and "'sup" not having the apostrophe at the start.

I am thinking of some additions to make the game a bit more beatable. I'll probably map it to a controller and also have varying degrees of acceleration based on pressing harder or softer. Unfortunately I can't really do much about Sonic's weight at this point because I designed levels around him only being able to jump so high and far.

As for programming, this game actually took more than you might expect, though that's mostly because I actually chose to have some degree of momentum and slope physics. Almost certainly more than the sorts of games this is spoofing, but I wanted to include at least a bit of depth so people could do the normal Sonic skill mastery thing.
H
Hoohee
It's updated now!

Comments

inauthentic. how about you learn a game engine that was used for sonic fangames back then? learn multimedia fusion, dumbfuck.

Item information

Added by
Hoohee
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item