don't click here

Demo Tails Adventure Remake

Overview

Tails Adventure Remake is fully open source! Check out the GitHub repository for building from source and Linux installation tutorial (leave a star to support the project pls).

Join the Tails Adventure Remake Telegram channel for news and updates on this project.

Story
Welcome to Tails Island, Tails' favorite holiday spot. Sonic and Tails have temporarily parted for a little vacation time. Even heroes need some time off now and then, and at this moment Tails is enjoying a rest in the woods.

But the peace doesn't last long. There is a great noise, and the woods are suddenly ablaze! Tails sees a flying fortress lowering on the horizon, launching attacks against the island. Who could be landing such an attack on this harmless place?

There is no time for guessing. As Tails, you must fight the bird forces and stop the Battle Fortress from taking complete control of the island. On land, in the air, and at sea, you'll be battling some pretty tough birds! Several useful items are scattered throughout the island which you will need in your adventures. The animals of the island are counting on you!

About
Tails Adventure is a Sonic the Hedgehog spin-off adventure game, released for Sega Game Gear in 1995. Unlike classic Sonic gameplay, Tails Adventure is a slow-paced platformer with focus on solving puzzles, backtracking and collecting items, much like metroidvania games.

This project tries to remake Tails Adventure for modern platforms, adding 16:9 widescreen, high refresh rate support, improved physics, controls and enemies' behaviour. It is written in C++ and SDL2 without using any game engines / frameworks. The current demo includes first 3 areas - Poloy Forest, Volcanic Tunnel and Polly Mt. 1.

Screenshots

pf.png
vt.png
pm1.png
pm2.png

Keyboard:
Arrow keys - movement
Enter - start
Z - jump / select
C - use item / back
A - previous item
D - next item
Esc - exit
Alt + Enter - toggle fullscreen

Gamepad:
Left stick - movement
A - jump / select
B - use item / back
LB - previous item
RB - next item
Techokami, CowboyJoseph64 - ripped sprites
SMS power - level maps
suppertails66 - Tales

Comments

¡AMAZING! i hope this project can be completed.
And thank you to give us the opportunity to play this game without an emulator or play it in the old sega consoles

I am amazed. I have been waiting on tails adventure 2 or a remake my ever since I played gems collection as a kid.
the game feels exactly like it should, no more gamegear slow motion. you get two thumbs up from me.

I don't know if it is possible but i think you should zoom out the camera a little bit, like in the sms port
Hi, sorry for late response. Actually I was thinking about it when starting the project. Original game's sprites were designed for 144p screen, and game is much more slow paced than mainline Sonic games, so lack of FOV isn't really a problem. And while increased screen height may look better on PC, sprites will look tiny on small Android phone screen. So I don't think changing original resolution is a good idea.

Item information

Added by
mechakotik
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from mechakotik

Share this item