don't click here

Fan Game [Sonic X Metroid] Seeking playtesters and an artist

JustJohn43

Green Hill Zone
Aug 18, 2020
Hello, Just John 43 here. I am the developer of "Another Sonic 2 Remake". This project is still on going, but in order to learn new skills that I can take back into that project, I have started another dream project that's been on my mind for a while.

What would a Metroidvania with Sonic Gameplay be like?Is it possible to make a 1 button Metroidvania? These are the questions I'd like to answer. So I put together a playable prototype proof of concept to test it.

While the page for the demo here is approved, here is a link to the GameJolt version:

The game stars the fan character, Ashura, who you may know as a glitch from the original 16 bit Sonic 2. This goes back to my roots as a ROM hacker when I was much younger. I've always wanted to make a game starring him, and I think that an Axiom Verge inspired Metroidvania would be a great fit.

Please do share any feedback regarding the demo. I don't have easy access to playtesters anymore so anybody who plays this now is a playtester (if possible, please record your attempt to solve it and share it with me!). I have polished what's here the best I can and it's already been patched once thanks to people from the Open Surge Discord server.

Since I am a one trick pony when it comes to art, and since making the assets for AS2R is extremely time consuming, I would like to outsource the art to somebody who feels capable of making traditional pixel art fitting of a Sonic Metroidvania, with a Glitched Digital aesthetic. Do get in touch and provide examples if you are interested in this position! Outsourcing the art this way will get this project out the door quicker, and it could even see a full release before AS2R.

Thanks for reading, below I will include screenshots and a video!

s008.png

s008.png s010.png s011.png s012.png s013.png s014.png s016.png s010.png s011.png s012.png s013.png s014.png s016.png s008.png s010.png s011.png s012.png s013.png s014.png s016.png

Reactions: Valeev

JustJohn43

Green Hill Zone
Aug 18, 2020
Do you have a portfolio I can look at? I'd love to discuss and exchange ideas for an art style