don't click here

Fan Game Sonic V

FoxConED (Egor The Cat)

Green Hill Zone
Feb 11, 2018
Well, uh... It has been a while, hasn't it?
Let's finish what we've started.

What is this?
You may remember Red Miso Studios from Hellfire Saga, but our first successful project was Sonic Virtual Adventure, back in 2016. If you remember that one, here's how it went: we tried to make it a full game, we had to reboot it a few times. Then it encountered a lot of internal turmoil and went *poof*.
Then we went on to make Hellfire Saga.

But some projects never truly die in our hearts, don't they?

Sonic V lives on as a fan game for PC. Some may be disappointed that our days of working on the Mega Drive are over, but we'll assure you: that just means we have new limits to push.

We're committed to try to do the most we can. We've assembled a large audio team, are currently working on implementing a lighting system for pixel art, and a lot more.

We've also abandoned tiles in favor of building levels out of props placed on multiple parallax layers! The video below is extremely outdated at this point (namely, a lot of graphics have been redone and we're working on the jitter problem), but this may give you an idea of what the advantages are.

Development logs
Not many people liked the long stretches of silence in between releases of Hellfire Saga. We hear you! As the development of Sonic V goes on and as things get completed, we'll be posting short articles on specific topics to keep you up to date with the game's progress.

There's a lot planned, it's still going to take a while, but hopefully we won't appear once a year from now on
:)

In the meantime, check out the new Sonic V logo and title screen art.

[IMG]

Stay tuned!

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Ooooh yeah, the parallax effect with all the layers gives it a really nice and unique feel, obvious a touch jittery but I doubt it'll be a problem while actually moving and not just making fancy "E3 camera" demo vids haha. Looking forward to some gameplay to see it properly in action!

FoxConED (Egor The Cat)

Green Hill Zone
Feb 11, 2018
Ooooh yeah, the parallax effect with all the layers gives it a really nice and unique feel, obvious a touch jittery but I doubt it'll be a problem while actually moving and not just making fancy "E3 camera" demo vids haha. Looking forward to some gameplay to see it properly in action!
Jittering effect already fixed, it's from old footage. Next news will be show how it works in current state.

New Vick

Press Start Screen
Feb 11, 2020
I didn't expect to have a HellFire Saga update but it's never bad to go platinum again and about Sonic V it will be a project that I don't know what to expect... I wish the team good luck in development