don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Spekel Sparks

General Information

Take off through the groves of Blooming Genesis with the charming assistance of brother foxes' Spekel and Bekel, and their friends, who decide to take matters into their own hands to stop the unruly and vicious A.C.E. Corporation from fully diving the world into a biochemical warfare with their nuclear creations! Try out each character and see which playstyle best fits you? Team up with friends and infiltrate their bases together!
SpekelSparks_Snapshot_1.png SpekelSparks_Snapshot_3.png
SpekelSparks_Snapshot_2.png SpekelSparks_Snapshot_27.png
Tips:

Holding the UP button will help you jump out of a pool of water.

• When you skid after performing a dash, try double-tapping LEFT or RIGHT to dash in the same or opposite direction!

• Komodo can swing his tail in both directions as long as you hold the ATTACK button. Makes for a great defense strategy!

Holding the JUMP button while you're on a bouncy green mushroom or vaulting on a steel pipe will make you jump higher!

Once you dodge roll, if you quickly tap the JUMP button, you'll jump out of a dodge roll! This technique will make you invulnerable until your character's pose changes.

You can dodge roll or perform a special move while you're performing a neutral attack or an aerial attack. Note that this is demonstrated in the second demo mode seen via the title screen.

If you press against a ledge, you can grab ledges! Press in the opposite direction to let go. You can jump as well. Keep in mind this is demonstrated in the second demo mode seen via the title screen.

To find the screenshots you take during gameplay, you can search your directory at "AppData\Local\Spekel_Sparks". Keep in mind this directory is generally hidden, so you will need to toggle hidden folders in your documents.

Keyboard Controls:

Jump / Return - A or Z
Attack / Select - S
Beam Move / Select - X
Dodge Roll (Left, Right) - Q, W respectively
Basic Movements - Arrow Keys
Use Assist Item - Backspace

Restart (PC only) - F2
Change Resolution - F3
Toggle Fullscreen - F4
Take a screenshot - F9
Show framerate - F1

Minimum Requirements:

64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Direct X 11.0 (or higher)-compliant graphics card
Storage: 40 MB available space

More Info:

To keep up to date with the development of this game,
be sure to follow my YouTube channel!
YouTube channel!

If you have any inquiries, feedback, or would simply like to talk about the game,
join our Discord!
Discord server!

Comments

I only played a little of it, but I can tell you know what you're doing in the gameplay department. Pretty good stuff here, and definitely worth my time.

...by the way, when using a gamepad, the Left Control Stick is overly sensitive in menus compared to the Pad. (Namely, I point the stick Up/Down, and it speeds right through the menus, but it's just fine with the Pad.) I'd also like to be able to change my gamepad buttons as well, but I hope that's not asking too much.

I only played a little of it, but I can tell you know what you're doing in the gameplay department. Pretty good stuff here, and definitely worth my time.

...by the way, when using a gamepad, the Left Control Stick is overly sensitive in menus compared to the Pad. (Namely, I point the stick Up/Down, and it speeds right through the menus, but it's just fine with the Pad.) I'd also like to be able to change my gamepad buttons as well, but I hope that's not asking too much.
Hey, sorry in being late on this response!

Thank you so much for your feedback, man. My best friend and I have been working on this game for a really long time, so it gave us many attempts at trying to make this game as polished as we can make it, while also keeping the game's fundamentals.

The game has progressed much further than the demo offers at this point! We've addressed a couple of concerns both you and some other players have had. Though I will still need to get around adding the ability to change the mappings for the face buttons. The only hurdle I need to cross is how it is handled when 4 players have their controllers plugged in at once.

Item information

Added by
Mikeystar
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Mikeystar

Share this item