don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Complete Sonic World DX - V1

General Information

Sonic World DX: a Heroes/Adventure styled 3D Sonic Fangame with an all-star roster and strong mod support.

Built off the legacy version of Sonic World, adding higher quality control, more distinct character movesets with improved animations made by the best of Sonic World's original modding community.

We also made modding this fangame easier than before. With both veteran modders and developers to help the newcomers get their footing.

We got one of the biggest rosters in a 3D Sonic fangame, outside of the Legacy Releases of Sonic World. Unlike the Legacy Releases, everyone has unique animations, an original voice actor and a moveset to call their own!

Playable Characters:
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog
  2. Miles "Tails" Prower
  3. Knuckles the Echidna
  4. Shadow the Hedgehog
  5. Shadow Android (Alternate Character for Shadow with unique moveset)
  6. Rouge the Bat
  7. E-123 Omega
  8. Amy Rose
  9. Cream the Rabbit and Cheese
  10. Blaze the Cat
  11. Silver the Hedgehog
  12. Mighty the Armadillo
  13. Ray the Flying Squirrel
  14. Espio the Chameleon
  15. E-102 Gamma
  16. Metal Sonic
  17. Infinite

All characters can harness the energy of the emeralds once unlocked to achieve a super state, with the following characters having a unique model for their Super State:
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Mighty, Ray and Infinite

Like Sonic Heroes, you can play as a team of any three of these characters in a Team, or play as a Duo or with just a Single character. Do note some optional paths in stages may be inaccessible by playing Solo.

Stages:
Play through 14 fully fledged stages! Each stage has 4 Acts with different objectives and 2 emblems each. Clear them with an S Rank to gain both emblems.
SAge1.png

Act 1 has 5 Red Star Rings scattered around. Collect them all to unlock its Encore: A more experimental act that remixes the stage to be themed after another stage!
sage encore.png

Playable Stages:

• Emerald Coast - Sonic Adventure
  • Seaside Hill - Sonic Heroes
  • Honeycomb Highway - Sonic Lost World
  • Love Garden - Sonic World
  • Green Hill - Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Misty Gorge - Sonic World
  • Metal Harbor - Sonic Adventure 2
  • Green Forest - Sonic Adventure 2
  • Kingdom Valley - Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
  • Hang Castle - Sonic Heroes
  • Mystic Jungle - Sonic Forces
  • Crisis City - Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
  • Worst Cave - Sonic World (Clear every Encore Act)
  • Test Stage - Sonic World (If Debug is enabled)

Not enough for you? Install stage mods either specially made for DX or from Legacy releases through Backwards Compatibility.

Chao Garden

sage chao.png

Enter the Chao Garden to feed Chaos Drives you've collected from robots to your Chao! You can keep up to 20 Chao in a huge garden. All 14 dual-tone colors and all 14 mono-tone colors from Sonic Adventure 2 are available to purchase, meaning your Chao can have up to 28 different colors!
You can buy fruit to level up your Chao's stats, Hats to personalize them, or Toys for the Chao to play with. All of these can be purchased from the Black Market behind the waterfall!

sage chao2.png

An improvement from Adventure 2 is that Seeds can now be planted by stomping. They have a 10% chance of being dropped by any food a Chao eats.

Winning competitions nets you up to 400 rings you can spend on your Chao! Enter your Chao into Races or Karate to fight Chao of similar levels.
sage chao3.png

Note that the system isnt as robust as the Official Chao Gardens: No animal parts or Second Evolutions are present here.

The Island:

As you conquer alternate acts, you collect World Tokens. These are used to develop: The Island. This small area has plenty of nooks and crannies that hide many secrets.

sage island0.png
sage island1.png

• Encounter NPCs that have rarely appeared in Sonic games, or even non-game characters such as the leader of the Sonic Fanclub!
  • Collect Mission Cards to play through Challenge Acts, remixing the existing stage roster further.
  • Buy Equips in the shop that can either give a helping hand (like magnetising rings) or even an all-new move (such as the disgusting Boost)!
  • Discover Warp Rings to Scrapped Sonic World Stages that never saw the light of day.
  • Visit the Spring Yard Building to hear all the Sounds of the game.
The Island will grow as more updates release, so keep an eye on it!

Mod Support:
Included in the game is a pdf file documenting everything you can mod in Sonic World DX.
From Themes to personalise your menu, custom stages to play new experiences, or characters to port existing game characters or even characters from other franchises, to voices to pick your ideal Sonic voice actors!

You can download Sonic World DX mods from the Gamebanana here:
DX_GB.png

Note: Character mods from the SAGE Demo are NOT compatible with Version 1 and need to be updated.

Additional Disclaimers:

• This is a fangame using Blitz3D, a program from 2002. Some compatibility issues may arise on newer hardware. Report these to the Discord where possible.
  • Because of this old engine, the game is prone to crashing after playing through certain stages. If the background or textures vanish, it is likely the game is about to crash.
  • This game is designed for Keyboard and Mouse in mind. Controllers are partially supported, but are often buggy. An Xbox controller is recommended. Controls can be rebound in the in-game settings.

Latest reviews

I wish I could love this game more but there are so many glaring issues that I just couldn't get past, the game will randomly turn into a mess of models, freezing at random times, not saving my display settings and having automated sections break by tilting the control stick just barely or just approaching from a different angle than intended, I cannot count how many times I died in Emerald Coast because I was facing the wrong direction on the second loop (which is automated) and being flung into the ocean.
I hope this feedback can help improve the next update!
Reactions: F108_Star

Comments

I successfully downloaded the game, but every time I try to open it it immediately gives me a Memory Access Violation. Any idea why?

Update: I tried the Un-MAV version of the game, the 4gb patch, and i've tried running it in compatibility, and still nothing is working. For context I have a mid level windows 10 laptop, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure i've played sonic world on it before, though, and now all of the sudden I can't because of the MAV error happening immediately.

Update 2: I downloaded the newest version and it works. Thank you!

Last edited:
Honestly, I feel this project needs more time to be refined and the devs need to refocus their priorities away from quantity and instead focus on quality.

Sonic world is packed with so much unfinished ideas that just end up getting under-utilized or just flat out broken.

For example, you have given us a giant roster of characters, each with their own skills and controls but their *feel* and *weightiness* more or less feel the same.

For a game that is heavily inspired by the Dreamcast era, you could have at the very least taken some notes from the way they control. The iconic tight controls and satisfying momentum that made those games a blast is no where here.

Instead, because of the limitations of the Blitz engine, it feels more like a clunky, sandbox game similar to Sonic Speed Simulator.

Purely made for you to look at and go “Hey! I like _____ glad they’re finally playable in some form” just for you to play this slippery mess of a speed platformer.

One of the biggest problems I have with this version of the game is the automation. Event scripting is all over the place and the camera locks once you are on said automation which means that unless you are passing through a loop the way the game wants you to, you will die.

It’s like walking on eggshells playing this game because at any point in time, you could go flying off of a ledge due to no fault for your own.

Giving the new features praise is null considering none of the old features have been worked on to the point where it is streamlined.

You have added these new flashy animations which means nothing when they aren’t timed to the characters movement.

My character will be going at full speed yet their legs are still moving at a brisk pace. This completely takes you out of the experience and makes it feel like you’re playing an unfinished mess.

speed panels also do this weird thing where if you’re going at top speed, it’ll bring you back down to normal speed similar to those weak dash pads in Colors.

this game is meant to feel more open with the lack of 2D yet most of the time, I’m just running to automated dash pads to then mash down the homing button.

Characters like Shadow who shoot multiple projectiles at once also need to be worked on. Their shots don’t home in on enemies unless you angle it a certain way which can be clever in most games but is just a nuisance here and feels unfinished.

The *ideas* of Sonic World DX are pretty clever. Having a huge roster of characters and a bunch of maps to play through but that’s about the most you can say about it.

Marathoning it is pretty pointless seeing as we have to put up with your teams lack of effort to fix the Memory Access Violation issues.

I want to like this game, really but there’s so many technical issues mainly stemming from the outdated engine.
Hopefully the devs actually fix these issues or drop Blitz once and for all. It’s gotten it’s full use out of this game.

So I actually do think this is one of the best 3D Sonic fangames out there. I really like playing levels from other Sonic games with SA style gameplay. The levels that were chosen were pretty good as well, although I wouldn't have chosen anything from Sonic 06 personally. Now I do have some complaints...

First of all, as most people have said, the memory access violation issue is annoying, but luckily it didn't happen too much for me. Only every 4 stages or so and only when loading it at the beginning. I haven't tried the 4GB patch yet, because I would rather just restart the game than lose performance.

Performance wise, it was generally good. I was getting 170fps most of the time, but there are some levels that had some bad drops into the sub-100s like the Sonic 06 ones. I shouldn't have any issues with my RTX 3070ti. Also, no resolution higher than 1080p in 2022? Is this a limitation from the old engine used? Otherwise, it would be nice to get 1440p and 4k support.

Next, we have the automated sections issue. This is my biggest complaint by far. Mainly, you need to really let go of all inputs during these sections otherwise you will not survive them, which isn't ideal. Sometimes I forget to do it, or don't realize it's an automated section and it kind of just ruins the experience at times. You shouldn't have to do this...

About the island level...Is the shop not available yet? I tried talking to Cream's mom and entering the shop itself and nothing happened.

Finally, the characters' weights and feel were overall the same and some of their special moves were broken like Shadow's projectiles. I haven't tried them all though, as I didn't have the time to unlock them all, but maybe they can be worked on some more to feel a little more unique.

Overall, it's a good game that has a few bugs and issues. I still highly recommend it despite all this!!

Last edited:
I'm trying to re-download the game, but apparently the mediafire link has a troyan virus, could you guys fix it, please?

For some reason, Mcafee is thinking the exe file is a virus but Microsoft defender is saying it's not.
I don't know why it's doing this.

I don't know if it happened to anyone else, but in my case the new update broke the controller support, so I can't play with a controller.

Item information

Added by
SonicWorldDXTeam
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Fan Games

More from SonicWorldDXTeam

Share this item