don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo SAL (SAGE 23' DEMO)

General Information

SAL.
A 2D ARCADE PLATFORMER INSPIRED BY THE MARIO BROS. ARCADE GAME.

SAL ADDS A TWIST, YOU HAVE 3 FLOORS TO EXPLORE, DESTROY THE ARTLINGS,
COLLECT THE NOSKEY, AND FIND THE SECRETES!!

sal_sage - Made with Clipchamp.gif

STORY:

Sally, a semi-famous painter in her town, just came out with a new painting, SAL. A self-portrait of herself was gaining attraction, and one of the aliens from another dimension titled "The Artlings" was sent to take it, so they snatched the painting. Sal didn't want her work going to some gouls, So she chased the Artling. Now Sal has to get her painting back safe and sound!

HEY!

Please while playing keep in mind that the game is still in development! some or maybe EVERYTHING will change, IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS OR HAVE A SUGGESTION

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

DEV ACC: @h8ndev

SCREENSHOTS:

1691119101817.png

1691119160723.png

1691119200925.png

1691119254334.png

HAVE FUN, STAY COOL!!

EXTRA!

The development of SAL (so far) has been a great experience,
finally putting a game out for people is AWESOME!

itch_thankyou.png

Latest reviews

SAL is a fantastic demo and a fitting homage to one of the greatest arcade games of all time! The game play, for the most part, is true to the source of its inspiration. However, the game is not afraid to deviate and go off the beaten path in some matters of the game play, and in my humble opinion it does this to great success!
The visuals, much like the game play took their cues from MB, however it just didn't restrict it self to that game, but in one area, I felt reminded me of the throne room in SMB 3.
They music is very fitting and enjoyable for such a game. But I have to ask, was the music in the bonus stage inspired by the Subboss music in Sonic 3? Regardless, the bonus stage's music is my favorite!
Coming into SAGE SAL was one of the games I was REALLY excited to try and it was for good reason. SAL may not by the longest demo at SAGE, but the quality definitely makes it one of the best.
I look forward to revisiting this demo after SAGE and to seeing what the future has in store for this project!
hxtred
hxtred
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the demo
Short demo that sets the groundwork for a good arcade-inspired romp! The opening cutscenes were very charming and the spritework is awesome. The only thing that I would bring up is that moving on ladders is a little finicky since you can still move left and right on them, but that might just be a me thing.

All in all, very interested to see where this goes!
hxtred
hxtred
Ladders was a issue during development, sorry it's pretty bad in the demo, im glad you liked the game!

Comments

If you have to beat every enemy to finish any level, is there really any point in having the key be separate from the enemies?

The checkerboards feel very authentic and the player sprite is cute.

If you have to beat every enemy to finish any level, is there really any point in having the key be separate from the enemies?

The checkerboards feel very authentic and the player sprite is cute.

The key is usually for the next room, it has more functionality besides the door but isn't present in the demo. Thanks for the feedback ill look into this

Item information

Added by
hxtred
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item