don't click here

Loppy: Planet Hopper [DEMO]

A very good indie platformer! Controls and level design were solid, really good visuals, and fun character designs!

I would recommend making the character special moves be instantaneous, and perhaps mapped to a single button, since having to stop and charge them can break the flow of a level. I do not think this would lower the difficulty by much, since the many sections of levels have ceilings and are constantly changing elevation, so mindless special-move spamming would not get the player very far. I would also recommend adding an auto-run option where the run button becomes a walk button, since I found myself running most of the time and only wanted to walk on a select few occasions.

Other than these critiques, the basic movement was very good. Another thing I really liked about this game were the sound effects; I don't know how you made these, but they were great! Keep up the good work!
Seriously creative platformer. It feels closest to Mario (has a run button and Star Coins style collectibles) but in practice is extremely different and a lot more unique. The levels were all very solid platforming levels, but they also had fun NPC characters with little sidequests and dialogue in them. The graphics are great, the art style is fun, and the game perfectly sells the alien world it takes place on.

Speaking of characters, there's four playable ones, each with incredibly creative and well done designs. Each shares the same basic abilities like a double jump and telekenesis (which can attract and repel) and a unique ability.

Looking forward to the finished game; as far as I'm concerned it's already a winner!