don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Fech The Ferret - Christmas Demo - C. SAGE 2023

Overview

2022-08-29 23.52 Dramis orizzontale_1.png

Fech The Ferret is a fast and loud parkour platformer where the faster you go, the better music gets.

It's a very special SAGE and we're back to it once more with a special demo that redoes most of the game elements from the ground up.

For the duration of the event online mode is enabled again and you can receive a special festive outfit

Want to chat while playing? Consider Fech's Discord Server! https://playfe.ch/discord/

Latest reviews

This is a bit rough, overall I like what I'm seeing and there's a lot of potential. However, there were a lot of problems that held me back from enjoying this completely.

Honestly, there are no major issues with the game but a bunch of small problems that I keep running into. For a start having no mouse sensitivity option, wouldn't be much but it was set pretty low. Having to drag my mouse a lot more to see around while making fast movements wasn't great. (I am aware that this game recommends the use of a controller but I couldn't set up mine to the computer.)

Next was the game feel, again there's potential but it needs more polish. I'd constantly clip on objects, the bounce pads felt fixed and a bit unnatural, the climb pausing then rushing to a mostly sudden halt was odd, and the roll is nice but feels a little too fast as well as runs out just as fast with not many places to refill quick. At least the floaty long jump while a bit odd was pretty nice to use. Now some of my issues could have to do with the camera but still turning and reaching different speeds felt strange in a way I can't describe, unfortunately. (I'll say none of this here didn't cause any problems while running to places I wanted to go those weren't the most comfortable.)

Finally the bugs, I found two that forced me to restart twice. The first was in the tutorial where I dive bomb into the clouds and I guess I missed a kill barrier, and the other was when I loaded an area when the screen went black but never came back. Without a way to restart the levels, I got stuck and had to restart. Also, the pick-ups didn't refill my roll's stamina after emptying it in addition to getting stuck talking to NPC's which I don't know if this caused. (It may have caused that other area from loading)

There's also an exploit when climbing a wall will stop for doing it too long, but you can jump with the floaty jump and keep climbing up. I'm pretty sure it's not intentional but it was neat to use and climb around wherever I wanted.

Now the game does say there are known issues so I don't hold much judgment and probably all I said was pointless as it could have been fixed already or at least noted. However, I figured I'd bring it up for my review as it did affect my playtime with the game. I really do want to see more of this project, but it needs more work and polish as running around and checking out the area were interesting plus the art/models are cool. B)

Comments

Item information

Added by
RaoulWB
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Original Games

More from RaoulWB