don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Dreamshot Fantasia (Kickstarter Demo)

Overview

BACK US NOW ON KICKSTARTER
Wishlist us on Steam too!

Dreamshot Fantasia is a tile-matching puzzle game that redefines tried and true color-matching action. With an authentic 80s anime aesthetic inspired by countless creators and an exotic electronic synth-based soundtrack, Dreamshot Fantasia honors the legacy of the past while carving out an identity of its own.

Shoot tiles onto the gamefield from the left and righthand sides in this new spin on the genre, and guide Judy through a neo-futuristic adventure to the Capitol City where she hopes to unlock the secrets of her precious pocketwatch. If you ever want to rest from that journey however, be sure to take a look at all the world of Luvenis has to offer:

• Aim for the best score in Endless Mode
  • Challenge your friends in the competitive VS mode.
  • Sharpen your skills in Training mode.
  • Solve mind boggling puzzles in the traditional Puzzle Mode.
  • And of course, meet friends and foes on Judy's Journey in Story Mode.

Don't just stand there though, there's no time to waste! Feel the cool breeze of adventure, and find a way to a home all your own...

HIGH SCORE CHALLENGE INBOUND!

Looking to test your skills? From now until the end of the Kickstarter campaign, we will be holding a High Score Challenge! To compete, record your best winning attempt and upload to the website of your choice with the tag #DreamshotScoreChallenge. The Top 3 scores at the end of the campaign will receive a $50 Steam Gift-Card. Now's your chance to shine and give it your all!

Media

Comments

Based on the screenshots and on the video, I have once piece of feedback: make each color a distinct shape.

Having different shapes helps with quickly recognizing each color and recognizing patterns. It is also an accessibility feature needed by color-blind people. I'm not color-blind, but I can appreciate and benefit from this feature.

Observe other games: Puyo Puyo (Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine), Tetris Attack (Panel de Pon), Baku Baku Animal, Bejewed…

Surprisingly, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo doesn't have this feature, but instead it combines rectangles of the same color, which is a similar behavior to how Puyo Puyo connects together similar beans.

Tetris doesn't have distinct shapes for each color, but the colors are just cosmetic.

Differentiating the tiles is something that we've considered multiple times (including currently), though it tends to get in the way of actually playing (visuals alone don't make this as an apparent an issue). It's something I'd personally like to figure out at some point, but the current demo provides the best mixture of readability and playability when tensions run high. Currently, there are also actual color-blind options ingame already (being able to change the color of pieces), and we're planning on including a lot more in the final game too.

I appreciate your feedback!

Item information

Added by
Heraga
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item