don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Dashbounce - SAGE 2023 Demo

General Information

It's the day of the SAGE of Speed, a festival held to honour the fastest thing alive, and eight would-be heroes have set out to meet him!

Welcome to the SAGE 2023 demo of Dashbounce!

A 2D Puzzle-Platformer about going fast and intentionally abusing physics quirks, you'll be charged with seeking the goal in each level before the clock hits zero - despite the distinct handicap of being unable to jump!

You'll have to use your surprising speed and bouncy body to turn every object and obstacle into an advantage!

In this demo, you'll get to experience a selection of stages from throughout the full version of the game, alongside a brief story constructed solely for SAGE!

There's 15 levels to be played - called Acts in this demo - with a total of 45 collectibles to be found through challenges, speedrunning and clearing levels.

The game supports keyboard or Xinput gamepad controls, whichever you find most comfortable!

For those not confident in speed games, there's a zero-punishment Easy Mode available with significantly more lenient target times, as well as options to swap the handedness of keyboard controls and to automate braking functions for added comfort.

Additionally, for those that are indeed comfortable with speed games and want to inflict maximum pain upon themselves, there's also a hard mode with extremely strict time limits designed for experienced players!

The difficulty can be changed at any time, so just have fun!

For those that clear all challenges, a speedrunning mode is also included that times a start-to-finish run of the entire demo, subtracting loading times and level transitions to ensure an even field for all players!

If you enjoy the demo - check out the full game of Dashbounce on Steam!

The full game offers an additional 50 levels to play, an original story and an overworld constructed with unlockable paths and bonuses!

In addition, you'll be able to make your own custom stages that save down to easily sharable several-kilobyte text files!
Thanks for checking out the demo!

Installation Instructions:
-Extract the contents of Dashbounce-SAGE2023v3.zip to a folder
-Run DASHBOUNCE.exe

System Requirements:
Windows XP 32/64 bit or higher with at least Direct X 9.0 (Though extremely old hardware/software combos might experience graphical issues)
A GPU newer than the Radeon X600 SE (From 2004)
A x86 or x64 processor faster than 1.60GHz
1GB RAM or higher
(Seriously it'll run on a toaster with a processor, though not particularly well if it's an old toaster)

Comments

Some anti-viruses are flagging this game as potentially malicious. As far as I can tell, it's a false-positive, but it needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it's due to one of the bundled MFX files or what.

Some anti-viruses are flagging this game as potentially malicious. As far as I can tell, it's a false-positive, but it needs to be fixed. I'm not sure if it's due to one of the bundled MFX files or what.
That's a little frustrating. How would I go about actually fixing that?

Here's some suggestions:
  • If you have Clickteam's "runtime compression" option turned on, turn it off. This is known to trip antiviruses. (I believe the latest release removes it entirely.)
  • Check each of your MFX extensions through VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload - if any of them trip it, look for an update and/or replacement.
  • Before uploading your game, run the executable through VirusTotal as well.

Here's some suggestions:
  • If you have Clickteam's "runtime compression" option turned on, turn it off. This is known to trip antiviruses. (I believe the latest release removes it entirely.)
  • Check each of your MFX extensions through VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload - if any of them trip it, look for an update and/or replacement.
  • Before uploading your game, run the executable through VirusTotal as well.
None of the extensions trip, and I'm building with the latest version of CF2.5+ so I don't actually have the option to compress the runtime
All my MFX files are passing without any issues, though
False positives seem to be a common problem with applications built with external files included; building it unpacked leads to the only false positives being related to some antivirus I've never heard of which has a history of detecting windows processes as malware due to faulty AI heuristics.
I'll re-upload the modified file

Last edited:
I feel like this game kinda embraces the weird jank movement, and I love it for that
The entire game was spawned from accidentally making terrible movement code and then realising it was fun enough to expand upon, turning every weird bug into a mechanic

Item information

Added by
DeliciousSoftware
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item