don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Beep Bap The Beep Boop (SAGE '23 Demo)

General Information

tempimage5.png

Beep Bap The Beep Boop is a 3D platformer inspired by Spyro, Banjo and Zelda!
Explore colorful worlds and talk to a variety of charming NPCs!
Use your surroundings to aid in combat & use shields to block and parry enemy attacks!

GAMEPLAY
ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤUse random objects scattered throughout the worlds as weapons!
ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤIncrease your IQ and gain new abilities to explore the worlds!
ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤCollect items to progress and defeat the evil "Good People Inc."!

tempimage4.png

STORY
Robots and... other creatures once lived in peace, until one day Good People Inc.'s robots somehow went rogue!
Now it's up to FunTimez 4 Kidz' signature robot 'Beep Bap' to stop the evil robots and solve this mystery!

tempimage2.png

WORLDS TO EXPLORE
The world of Beep Bap is very colorful, here's every world Beep will encounter in this demo!
tempimage.png

HOW TO PLAY
Here's the basic controls you need to know to start playing!

CONTROLLER!

A
Jump
B
Crouch
Y
Interact
X
Swing Sword
LT
Shield
L3
Scan
R3
Enable Lock-On Combat

KEYBOARD!

‎ ‎‎ ‎
Spacebar
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Jump
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
CTRL
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Crouch
‎ ‎ ㅤ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎
‎ E‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Interact
‎‎‎ ‎
Left Mouse
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎
Swing Sword
Right Mouse
‎ ‎
Shield
‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎F‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎Scan
‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎R‎ ‎
‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ Enable Lock-On Combat

When you finish the demo, you'll unlock new abilities!
We have a tutorial for those in-game, so try to beat the demo to test them out!

tempimage3.png

SUPPORT US!
● Join the
Patreon
● Follow our Twitter
● Join the
Discord
‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ ‎‎

Latest reviews

Great demo. For anyone looking for cartoony 3d platformers, this seems among the best. Beating the demo is awesome and controlling that character felt so much fun with all the mobility. Kinda makes you wish he was like this since the beginning, ngl, it was a blast.

If you don't mind, a few nitpicks from my time with it:
- The game feels limiting until you start getting abilities, like the ground pound. This is a common thing in games like this, but imo it just makes the beginning feel slow and tedious. But I guess this is just personal preference.
- Camera is not very good, specially in tight areas, or how the game struggles control away from the player in some areas, like when the camera goes top down in the tutorial area. It's really jarring and doesn't feel very good.
- Crouching really needs a new pose/animation, its hardly different from standing, and I could never reliably do the Crouch Jump because of it. Try to really push his pose down, make it comical or something.
- Like the above one, I'm not sure if it was just the visuals that got me missing crouch jumps either. I feel like if I was running, then quickly crouched and jumped it would be a guess whether I'd get the crouch jump or just the regular jump. Maybe I was just missing something though, idk.
- Smoke particles when you kill enemies will sometimes obfuscate too much of your vision. Maybe have some gap between the particles so you can still see what's going on? Or something like that. You really feel this in the tutorial area.

That being said, lovely game and easy recommendation for anyone looking for 3d platformers. Congrats to everyone involved!
VolticEXE
VolticEXE
Just played it myself & this is exactly how I felt. I would also add in that moving feels slow; I'm constantly holding the Run Button to move 'cause walking just feels too slow. I think if the Running Speed was made the default Walk & the Run was made abit faster than that, it would be fantastic since if you're constantly holding the Run Button anyway, might as well make that the default until it feels right.

Its honestly wonderful & I'm looking forward to the full release!
Beep Bap Team
Beep Bap Team
Hi, We've thought about how it'll function in the final game and yeah, move unlocks will be changed a little and you'll have more to play with earlier in the final game, thanks for the feedback!
It's a beautiful 3D platformer! This game is not just mere eye candy either, oh no, it has an amazing sound track too! It's both fun to play and easy to get familiar with it! The characters are all memorable and full of life (or in the case of the convenience store worker, full of personality!).
Also my six year old really loves this game too!
I look forward to coming back to this demo after SAGE!
Beep Bap Team
Beep Bap Team
Thanks! Glad you liked it, there's a lot more coming as well. You can hop into the discord server to get the latest updates or twitter as we keep working on new things!

Comments

Could use more polish, but very ambitious and does everything it sets out to do. Just how I like my indie games. Reminded me of Banjo-Kazooie with the level design alone. It felt really meandering and aimless towards the beginning and I had a hard time trying to decipher how the game was going to play out until I got the butt bounce ability, which for lack of a better term made a lightbulb appear over my head when I just "got it". There were some collectables I grabbed and had no idea how they worked, even as I finished, which is probably why the collectables themselves told you what they are in BK. I think with a bit more direct guidance and polish this will become a standout gem among 3D indie platformers.

Solid 3D platformer, always nice to see banjo kazooie's influence sprinkled all over 3D platformers to this day.

My main critique about the game is that it feels like you have to wait before it gets good, which IMO is honestly lame. Like the beginning isn't SUPER bad or anything and its fairly short, however first impressions with games are everything and at first I wasn't feeling it. It was only when I unlocked new moves when I felt some kind of interest in the game and had the drive to keep playing.
I'm a guy who thinks controlling a character and messing around with their mechanics should be a fun process in of itself, which this game barely gave me any to do so. Think of the beginning of banjo kazooie and how the game provides you with a basic but solid array of moves before you even enter the first level. Its not much, however its enough for me to play around and have a good time with.

When I beat the demo and got a taste of all the new abilities I was both happy and a bit saddened, I have to wonder what exactly is holding you back from making some of these moves unlocked from the start similar to banjo? I could see having the faster dash at the beginning of the game being an improvement (especially since imo the dash you have feels pretty weak) Obviously don't hand out all the moves at the beginning as you gotta make earning them feel rewarding still. But I feel as though the way the character controls at its core should be a solid foundation and the new moves unlocked act as a bonus on top of said foundation. Im a guy who loves to replay 3D platformers, especially collectathons. So knowing i'd have to wait a little bit before I can get to the real meat and potatoes of this game would honestly turn me off from replaying it.
If you choose to keep this game the way it is, then thats okay, Because I still had a good time and could see myself dropping a couple dollars for this on steam or something, just that specific issue stuck out to me is all.

Item information

Added by
Beep Bap Team
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.80 star(s) 5 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item