don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Dungeons

DoubleMode

Story Teller
Jun 20, 2023
Hello everyone, I am the leader of the collab that completed a Sonic fan game on Scratch called Sonic Dungeons.

This game took about 2 years to complete and has 6 main levels and a bunch of bonus stages.

While I was developing the game, I tried to use a complex engine that for some reason broke 2 computers(still don’t know why) but this game uses a non complex version of the engine so any computer can play this game.(just wanted to let you all know about that)

My goal in completing this game was to create a game with an interesting Sonic story since I love to create stories for games. However I’m wasn’t good at artwork, so I created the Dungeons Team that has about 20 members.

If you want to play this game or give feedback, here is the link to the fully completed game.

Hope you all enjoy this game.

DinoEpic3

Station Square
Jul 31, 2022
Central City
A solid game, I used to use Scratch and I could never for the life of me get platforming physics to work. And the game's presentation makes the game feel less like a "my first project" normally on Scratch. But my biggest issue is the graphics, the game doesn't seem to have a defined art style, at least in the menu's and fonts (vector art clashing with pixel). Once I got into the game I had a rather long unskippable cutscene (if the end of the cutscene is tied to a broadcast, try adding a button that once clicked, activates said broadcast) but it is a rather solid cutscene. I'm not good at critiquing gameplay so I'm going to leave it at that, overall rather high quality for the limited platform, it just has graphical inconsistencies and a few features I'd prefer to have. (Love that the drop dash is optional in this game, it's never been my go-to playstyle so it's great to see a fan game that doesn't make it mandatory.)

Reactions: AeriaVelocity

DoubleMode

Story Teller
Jun 20, 2023
A solid game, I used to use Scratch and I could never for the life of me get platforming physics to work. And the game's presentation makes the game feel less like a "my first project" normally on Scratch. But my biggest issue is the graphics, the game doesn't seem to have a defined art style, at least in the menu's and fonts (vector art clashing with pixel). Once I got into the game I had a rather long unskippable cutscene (if the end of the cutscene is tied to a broadcast, try adding a button that once clicked, activates said broadcast) but it is a rather solid cutscene. I'm not good at critiquing gameplay so I'm going to leave it at that, overall rather high quality for the limited platform, it just has graphical inconsistencies and a few features I'd prefer to have. (Love that the drop dash is optional in this game, it's never been my go-to playstyle so it's great to see a fan game that doesn't make it mandatory.)
Thank you so much for the feedback.