don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Revisited - SAGE'22 Proof of Concept

I don't really understand the point of this project to be honest, as why have a 1:1 recreation of the game if we have 2013 remaster? Widescreen? We already have a patch for the rom and a custom version of the emulator. I would understand if it was made to show off what the framework is capable of, but no. Besides that though, yeah, it's as faithful as you can get if we're not counting the speed caps that nobody liked. If you also want to get more faithful, the spinning Spike balls in Spring Yard are not fast enough in some places. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but the brightness feels too high. I'm sure it's not my monitor as I played Origins not long ago and can see the difference. As for the bugs I've encountered, the invincibility trail will stay on if you go to special stage. (maybe it's like in the original, beats me). Good, yet unnecessary attempt at recreating Sonic 1.
Triangly
Triangly
Hi, thank you for the review!

The invincibility trail bug was fixed in the patch that was released a few days ago.
There is no problem with the brightness, the colours you see in-game is how the game is actually rendered by the hardware. The only emulator that currently does that is BlastEm
Keeby
Keeby
I haven't finished it yet but very faithful so far! I have never gotten into modding but something about this made me want to create mods for it (probably simple things) however I have no idea how to do that. But, this is very well put together and is a great way to experience this game on PC, especially when it is completed. Just read that mod support isn't planned, hopefully that changes in the future. Good luck on the project!
SonicGamer567
SonicGamer567
This is a free version of that.