don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Overdrive - Sage'23 Demo

I love the sprite work in the levels its unique and very nice to look at, however I feel like the level design could use some work. The BIGGEST issue I have with your level design so far is enemy placement. In the first zone there are these green crocodile badniks that blend in with the grass when you're moving fast and there were lots of them. I found myself having to stop and spindash, basically holding down the entire level.

Your music choices are pretty good. (I heard some AshZone in there. Great Musical Artist!)

I didn't make it past the second act as there's a lava pit I kept falling into that doesn't kill you instantly unless you jump. I'm aware glitches are to be expected in demos so I can't fault you there. Just keep at it!

Overall, I see lots of potential. I'm really digging the original level graphics you've got going. I personally feel like you should follow this theme and spice up all the other game sprites. Imagine a Sonic that's shaded just as nicely as your levels! This would make for a really pretty looking game!

TLDR; I love your level sprites! Fix up that level design a little bit! Make badniks a little easier to see. Don't do green on green. Keep up the good work!
Reactions: YoannUlrichNdri