don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 B.U.D.D. (Christmas 2.0 Update)

Splendid Monster World-alike. The only thing I'd really change is the shield knockback - blocking attacks in many situations sends you flying so far that at best, you tend to just end up right where you started, and at worst you can actually be punished for blocking things. As long as doing so pushes you all the way off any platform or completely out of range of an enemy you could otherwise have countered, blocking anything seems completely counterintuitive.

It's really the only design misstep I can hold against this game. Everything else looks, sounds and plays brilliantly. Good luck on finishing this!
EngineerKappa
EngineerKappa
Thanks for playing, and thanks for the feedback! Will definitely look into how I can balance it better.
Got to play this gem a tad early.

Being a fan of old-school SEGA, the inspiration immediately jumped out at me, and the game is just all-around fun and engaging, with the BUDD units being used in super in-depth ways. I'll definitely be there day one for whatever this game holds in its future!
Was lucky enough to playtest before SAGE; BUDD does everything right, with mini Metroidvania worlds that are fun to navigate, excellent combat, fun Sega inspired atmosphere. It's so good!

By the way, when the demo says it's over, it's not really over. You can and should explore around for two bonus "satellite" levels that are the most thrilling parts of the game!