don't click here

Sonic colors GBA demake project (need a person who is best at programming gba)

someguyyouhate

Press Start Screen
Apr 20, 2023
Hi sonic fans there!... here i am going to make Sonic colors GBA demake on an actual hardware. This game most probably uses the DS version sprites (since it naturally matches with gba game design) and music, sounds, tilesets, sprites, fonts also will be given. Anyways. I need someone who is best at gba programing, level designer, some people for community (share the opinions etc). maybe i need someone who can translate the DS style bosses to gba too. ill post the screenshots if someone is ready to program the game

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Seems like a sort of a "I have this idea, can someone make it for me?" kinda thing. Doesn't usually go too well when it comes to getting people on board, prolly a lower chance with something as niche as programming for GBA, good luck when there's barely even any mods (if any) for the existing GBA Sonic games. Just an idea for a project from someone who seemingly hasn't done any previous projects like this isn't enough, atleast show your previous work to show that you're capable of following through with this.

someguyyouhate

Press Start Screen
Apr 20, 2023
Seems like a sort of a "I have this idea, can someone make it for me?" kinda thing. Doesn't usually go too well when it comes to getting people on board, prolly a lower chance with something as niche as programming for GBA, good luck when there's barely even any mods (if any) for the existing GBA Sonic games. Just an idea for a project from someone who seemingly hasn't done any previous projects like this isn't enough, atleast show your previous work to show that you're capable of following through with this.
ok, i have the project. But my first plan was to make it for gbc bcoz of gb studio. But moved my project from gbc to gba because i had to redraw every sprites and the sprites are big for gbc. Maybe i can continue with gbc or move it to gba

someguyyouhate

Press Start Screen
Apr 20, 2023
Or ill continue with gba since it has more memory and scaling and rotation. But i had'nt made any sprites till now for the gba

someguyyouhate

Press Start Screen
Apr 20, 2023
I think gba uses c++ language according to a video i had seen many days before

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Alright well, I'd say try learning that on your own then, instead of trying to find someone else to do your project for you. Or, find and work on something that's more realistic for what you're currently capable of. There's too many holes and huge question marks to make this seem doable as is, and I don't only mean the coding aspect when I say that. Based on your vague descriptions and ideas I'd say downscale your ambitions for now, maybe just make a single test stage or something like that to have any sorta proof of concept.

Also no need for the multiple forum messages like that, this isn't a realtime chat. You can just use the edit button to add more to your previous message if you need to add something.

DinoEpic3

Station Square
Jul 31, 2022
Central City
I'd like to be encouraging, but the prospect of the whole game is a bit much when you don't understand what your working with. I had no idea what I was doing when I started my fan game (still kinda don't) but overtime I learned more about the engine I'm working with and the code that went with it.

I'd also suggest making a Test Zone first, if not for practice, than for testing moves, badniks, collision, various hazards, ect. It'll help you understand the scale of your ambitions, and iron out your concepts so you know what you can and can't do.