don't click here

New to fangame creation. HELP NEEDED!

May 29, 2021
Hello! Ever since I was young, I always loved Sonic the Hedgehog. I played stuff like Calm before the storm all the time on the family computer. I'm looking into creating a game, and need a lot of help!

I need Fusion 2.5, but don't have the money and I'm looking into making the game for free! [Free trial version doesn't work, I can't open worlds' engine without needing to buy the full ver.]
If not Fusion, maybe give me a free alternative! And send tutorials if possible please.

Thanks for reading! You guys will be a huge help if this project does come out.

ScaleyFoxy

Green Hill Zone
Aug 16, 2021
Estonia
scaleyfoxy.weebly.com
While tutorials and stuff exist scattered all around.
I don't think there is any "Free" game creation program "Also Easy" methods that you can just up and use especially for a project created on a grand scale as the "Worlds Engine"

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Godot has been pretty popular recently, try something like this - https://sonicfangameshq.com/forums/showcase/sonic-worlds-next-godot-4-2-update.1316/

There's many other programs too but hey yeah. Whiiile I'd ofcourse like to recommend Fusion since I use it myself and all that, it's ofcourse a bit tricky to go for cos of the 100 dollar price tag. Aaand yeah it's prolly easier to find tutorials for Godot or Unity or anything else since Fusion isn't that popular nowadays, just Sonic and FNAF fans use it.

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Yeah, but it's not sale at the moment. Buuut yes, sales are always on option if one wants to wait and try and get lucky, I got my copy on Humble Bundle for super cheap, including the Developer add-on.

PM13

Shameless Recolor
Feb 25, 2018
Recently, GameMaker became free for hobbyist work. The Orbinaut Framework is an impressive Sonic framework for it. It’s fairly advanced with a bit of a learning curve… but it is a free option

Last edited: