don't click here

Sonic Unleashed Unreal Engine Remake

Baquewoods

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2024
im going to be doing a dev log on my youtube if interested in the journey you can subscribe :) (A demo will be released within a month)

Some screenshots:
1712254047802.png

Last edited:

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
Oh, yeah, lmao, Sonic Unleashed remakers ignoring werehog (and everything else other than the day stages) is certainly how always goes.

But yeah, insteeead of just trying to go for Unleashed remake without everything that makes Unleashed what it is, I'd say go for custom stages with the engine, that would be neat. Concidering how high quality original Unleashed already is the bar is high. Also guessing the demo will just be some sorta pre-alpha thing, concidering it will be out within a month and there's only a flat stage with nothing it it at the moment, yea? I doubt that's enough time to make a proper demo with a full stage. But yeah hey, interested to see where this goes.

Baquewoods

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2024
Oh, yeah, lmao, Sonic Unleashed remakers ignoring werehog (and everything else other than the day stages) is certainly how always goes.

But yeah, insteeead of just trying to go for Unleashed remake without everything that makes Unleashed what it is, I'd say go for custom stages with the engine, that would be neat. Concidering how high quality original Unleashed already is the bar is high. Also guessing the demo will just be some sorta pre-alpha thing, concidering it will be out within a month and there's only a flat stage with nothing it it at the moment, yea? I doubt that's enough time to make a proper demo with a full stage. But yeah hey, interested to see where this goes.
that’s already the plan. i fully intend to make a 1:1 remake of unleashed and add new tech and features for a more definitive experience. i will ofc add the werehog as i almost love it more than the day stages. i will also plan to add the popular stages from generations and a what if generations with the werehog and the popular custom stage mods from generations and my own custom stages

Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Spring Yard Zone
Sep 5, 2017
Finland
that’s already the plan. i fully intend to make a 1:1 remake of unleashed and add new tech and features for a more definitive experience. i will ofc add the werehog as i almost love it more than the day stages. i will also plan to add the popular stages from generations and a what if generations with the werehog and the popular custom stage mods from generations and my own custom stages
Sounds great, I hope you've made something anywhere this scale previously tho hah, gonna be an absolutely huge multiyear project.

script_soda

Greenflower Zone Act 2
Mar 25, 2024
Norfolk, VA
I am looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this project! I am curious about how you plan to handle the high-quality cutscenes, which are in 4K and 1080p resolution. Will there be a feature to adjust the quality or a module to ensure smooth playback on various devices? Additionally, I would like to inquire if there will be a mobile version of the game available.

Baquewoods

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2024
I am looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this project! I am curious about how you plan to handle the high-quality cutscenes, which are in 4K and 1080p resolution. Will there be a feature to adjust the quality or a module to ensure smooth playback on various devices? Additionally, I would like to inquire if there will be a mobile version of the game available.
either i will import them as compressed mp4s or i will actually import the cutscene animations. i will most likely import the cutscenes but that will be late in development. the resolution scale is up to 8k and you can be able to choose between 60fps to 144fps and i will look into trying to get a mobile port as it is possible since its made with unreal engine

Last edited:
Reactions: Wackytoons Studio